• Obstacle Awareness Enabled – Enables obstacle alerting and
• TAD Alternate Pop Up – If TRUE, disables automatic terrain
display when TAD or Obstacle alert is active.
• Mode 6 Volume Reduction – Selects reduced Mode 6 vol-
ume (-6 dB).
• Smart Callout Enable – Enables the 500-foot smart callout.
"Five Hundred" is called out at 500 feet Radio Altitude dur-
ing non-precision approaches, if 500' is part of the altitude
callout option selected. This callout is not given on precision
• Bank Angle Enable – Enables Bank Angle alerts.
• Windshear Caution Voice Disable – Disables Windshear Cau-
tion voice alerts providing visual alerts only.
• Audio Declutter Disable – Disables the Audio Declutter func-
tion so that audio alerts are constant.
• Audio Alerting Voice Select – Selects the type(s) of voice that
are used for audio alerts.
• Lamp Format – One of two lamp formats are available.
• Lamp Format 1 provides only Mode 5 "Glideslope" alerts
to the caution (amber) lamp output and all other alerts
(except Windshear and Mode 6 callouts) to the warning
(red) lamp output.
• Lamp Format 2 provides all "Pull Up" warning alerts to
the warning (red) lamp output and all caution alerts to
the caution (amber) lamp output (Recommended).
NOTE: Windshear annunciations are provided by separate out-
puts and indications and is not affected by lamp format. Mode 6
advisories do not effect any annunciation and are not affected by
• Peaks Enable – Adds additional density patterns and level
thresholds to the Standard Display Mode, allowing dis-
play of highest and lowest terrain/obstacle to increase
060-4241-000 • Rev. D - March 2000
MK V & MK VII EGPWS Pilot Guide