This service manual provides a variety of service
It contains the mechanical structure of the CD-RW
Drive and the electronic circuits in schematic form.
This CD-RW Drive was manufactured and
assembled under our strict quality control
standards and meets or exceeds industry
This CD-R/RW drive is an internal drive unit
designed for use with IBM PC, HP Vectra, or
1) Enhanced IDE interface.
2) Internal 5.25 inch, halfheight CD-R/RW Drive.
3) 2 Mbyte buffer memory.
4) Audio CD like tray loading of a disc without using a caddy.
5) Power loading and power eject of a disc. The disc can also be ejected manually.
6) Supports Power saving mode and Sleep mode.
2. Supported disc formats
1) Reads and writes data in each CD-ROM, CD-ROMXA, CD-I FMV, Video CD, and CD-EXTRA
2) Reads data in Photo CD (Single and Multi session).
3) Reads and writes standard CD-DA.
4) Reads and writes CD-R discs conforming to "Orange Book Part 2".
5) Reads and writes CD-RW discs conforming to "Orange Book Parts 3".
3. Supported write method
1) Disc at once (DAO), Session at once (SAO), Track at once (TAO), Variable packet, Fixed packet.
1) Random 120 ms average access time.
2) Max 3,600 kB/sec (Max 24X) Sustained Transfer rate.
3) Supports real time error correction and real time layered error correction at each speeds.
4) Supports CD-R write operation at each standard speed, double speed and quadruple speed.
5) Supports CD-RW write operation at double speed.
6) PIO Mode 4 & Multi DMA Mode 2 Support.
7) MPC-3 Spec compliant.
1) Output 16 bit digital data over ATA interface.
2) 8 fs Oversampling Filter for CD Audio
3) Software Volume Control
4) Equipped with audio line output and headphone jack for audio CD playback.
compatible computer. It can write as much as 650
Mbytes of digital data into CD-R/RW disc, and can
read as much as 650 Mbytes of digital data stored
in a CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW disc.
The CED-8041B can easily meet the upcoming
MPC level 3 specification, and its Enhanced
Intelligent Device Electronics (E-IDE) and ATAPI
interface allows Plug and play integration in the
majority of today's PCs without the need of an
additional interface card.