This service manual provides a variety of service
It contains the mechanical structure of the CD-
R/RW Drive and the electronic circuits in
schematic form. This CD-R/RW Drive was
manufactured and assembled under our strict
quality control standards and meets or exceeds
industry specifications and standards.
This CD-R/RW drive is an internal drive unit
designed for use with IBM PC, HP Vectra, or
1) Enhanced IDE interface.
2) Internal 5.25 inch, halfheight CD-R/RW Drive.
3) 2 Mbytes buffer memory.
4) Audio CD like tray loading of a disc without using a caddy.
5) Power loading and power ejecting of a disc. The disc can also be ejected manually.
6) Supports Power saving mode and Sleep mode.
7) Vertical and Horizontal operation.
2. Supported disc formats
1) Reads and writes data in each CD-ROM, CD-ROMXA, CD-I FMV, Video CD, and CD-EXTRA
2) Reads data in Photo CD (Single and Multi session).
3) Reads and writes standard CD-DA.
4) Reads and writes CD-R discs conforming to "Orange Book Part 2".
5) Reads and writes CD-RW discs conforming to "Orange Book Parts 3".
3. Supported write method
1) Disc at once (DAO), Session at once (SAO), Track at once (TAO), Variable packet, Fixed packet, and
1) Random 100 ms average access time.
2) Max 4,800 kB/sec (Max 32X) Sustained Transfer rate.
3) Supports real time error correction and real time layered error correction at each speed.
4) Supports CD-R write operation at double speed, quadruple speed, and eight speed.
5) Supports CD-RW write operation at double speed and quadruple speed.
6) PIO Mode 4 & Multi DMA Mode 2 Support.
7) MPC-3 Spec compliant.
1) Output 16 bit digital data over ATA interface.
2) 4 Times Digital Filter for CD Audio
3) Software Volume Control
4) Equipped with audio line output and headphone jack for audio CD playback.
5) Front panel Volume Control for Headphone Output.
compatible computer. It can write as much as 650
Mbytes of digital data into CD-R/RW disc, and can
read as much as 650 Mbytes of digital data stored
in a CD-ROM, CD-R and CD-RW disc.
This CD-R/RW Drive can easily meet the
upcoming MPC level 3 specification, and its
Enhanced Intelligent Device Electronics (E-IDE)
and ATAPI interface allows Plug and play
integration in the majority of today's PCs without
the need of an additional interface card.