Installation to Solid Concrete or Cinder Block
• When installing Peerless wall mounts on a concrete wall, the wall must be at least 8" thick with a minimum compres-
sive strength of 2000 psi.
• When installing Peerless wall mounts on a cinder block wall, the cinder blocks must meet ASTM C-90 speciﬁ cations
and have a minimum nominal width of 8". Do not drill into mortar joints! Be sure to mount in a solid part of the block,
generally 1" (25 mm) minimum from the side of the block. It is suggested that a standard electric drill on slow setting
is used to drill the hole instead of a hammer drill to avoid breaking out the back of the hole when entering a void or
• Make sure that the supporting surface will safely support the combined load of the equipment and all attached hard-
ware and components.
Make sure that wall plate (A) is level, use it as a
template to mark four mounting holes. Drill four
5/16" (8 mm) dia. holes to a minimum depth of 2.5"
(64 mm). Insert anchors (E) in holes ﬂ ush with wall
as shown (right). Place wall plate over anchors
and secure with #14 x 2.5" screws (D). Level, then
tighten all fasteners.
• Tighten screws so that wall plate is ﬁ rmly attached,
but do not overtighten. Overtightening can damage
screws, greatly reducing their holding power.
• Never tighten in excess of 80 in. • lb (9 N.M.).
• Always attach concrete anchors directly to load-
• Never attach concrete anchors to concrete covered
with plaster, drywall, or other ﬁ nishing material.
Drill holes and insert anchors (E).
Place plate (A) over anchors (E) and secure with screws (D).
Tighten all fasteners.
5 of 7
ISSUED: 03-26-10 SHEET #: 125-9106-6 12-11-14