Installation to Solid Concrete or Cinder Block
• When installing wall mounts on cinder block, verify that you have a minimum of 1-3/8" (35 mm) of actual concrete
thickness in the hole to be used for the concrete anchors. Do not drill into mortar joints! Be sure to mount in a solid
part of the block, generally 1" (25 mm) minimum from the side of the block. Cinder block must meet ASTM C-90
speciﬁ cations. It is suggested that a standard electric drill on slow setting is used to drill the hole instead of a ham-
mer drill to avoid breaking out the back of the hole when entering a void or cavity.
• Concrete must be 2000 psi density minimum. Lighter density concrete may not hold concrete anchor.
• Make sure that the wall will safely support four times the combined load of the equipment and all attached hardware
Make sure that pull-out mount assembly (A) is level,
use it as a template to mark four mounting holes.
Drill four 5/16" (8 mm) dia. holes to a minimum
depth of 2.5" (64 mm). Insert anchors (F) in holes
ﬂ ush with wall as shown (right). Place pull-out
mount assembly (A) over anchors and secure with
four #14 x 2.5" screws (E), and fender washers (G).
Level, then tighten all fasteners.
• Tighten screws so that wall plate is ﬁ rmly attached,
but do not overtighten. Overtightening can damage
screws, greatly reducing their holding power.
• Never tighten in excess of 80 in. • lb (9 N.M.).
• Always attach concrete expansion anchors directly
to load-bearing concrete.
• Never attach concrete expansion anchors to
concrete covered with plaster, drywall, or other
ﬁ nishing material. If mounting to concrete surfaces
covered with a ﬁ nishing surface is unavoidable,
(not evaluated by UL) the ﬁ nishing surface must be
counter bored as shown below. Be sure concrete
anchors do not pull away from concrete when
tightening screws. If plaster/drywall is thicker than
5/8" (16 mm), custom fasteners must be supplied
by installer (not evaluated by UL).
Drill holes and insert anchors (F).
Place plate (A) over anchors (E) and secure with screws (F).
Tighten all fasteners.
5 of 11
ISSUED: 02-19-13 SHEET #: 145-9018-1