23. Pay attention to the risk of fire from sparks and heat. When there are no local fire prevention regulations for drilling,
cutting or grinding machines, apply the regulations for arc welding.
24. Keep the workplace well lit.
25. Avoid all physical contact with earthed surfaces.
26. Stand firmly with good balance when drilling.
27. Always switch off the machine before attempting to move it.
28. Keep the workplace clean and in good order.
29. Check that the equipment is well anchored before you start to drill.
30. Always maintain the equipment well. Keep the equipment and machine free from dirt and well lubricated for safe and
good machine performance.
31. Note: When assembling/setting-up and dismantling the equipment ensure that the drilling machine and drill bit are
32. Always use a water collector.
Always wear approved protective clothing and approved safety equipment. Protective
clothing and protective equipment cannot eliminate the risk of accidents but wearing
proper clothing and the correct equipment will reduce the gravity of any injury
should an accident occur. Ask your dealer about approved and recommended
protective clothing and
Under no circumstances may the original design of this equipment be modified
without the permission of the manufacturer. Unapproved modifications can result in
serious personal injury or even death.
The equipment can be dangerous if used improperly or without due care and can
lead to serious accidents, in the worst cases even fatal accidents. It is very important
that you read this Operator's Manual and understand the instructions before you
attempt to use the equipment.
DS 50 Gyro is only designed for hydraulic, 3-phase and for 1-phase encapsulated
electrical drilling machines.
The maximum permitted drill diameter for use in DS 50 Gyro is 350 mm.
Max L=600 mm.
The expander attachment (l) can be used to provide additional anchorage of the drill
column when drilling in walls or ceilings.
Page 20 Fig. 9
Page 24 Fig. 19