Preparing the Handset
Installing / Replacing the Battery Pack
1. Press in on the battery cover release.
2. Slide the battery cover
off the handset.
3. Plug the plastic connector of Battery Pack into the socket inside the battery
compartment of the handset.
4. Insert the Battery Pack into the battery compartment.
5. Tuck the battery wires inside the battery compartment.
6. Slide the battery cover onto the handset; listen for a snap.
NOTE: Replacement battery packs are available for sale by
calling the Siemens Customer Service Center at 1 (888) 777-0211.
Charging the Battery
• Place the handset in the base for 12 hours before first use.
• Place the handset in the base for 4 to 6 hours to recharge.
NOTE: The battery cannot be overcharged. The handset may face
to the front or back while it is in the base.
Maximizing Battery Performance
A fully charged battery pack lasts for approximately
• 4 hours when using the handset continuously (talk time)
• 7 days when the handset is not in use (stand-by time)
To maximize battery performance
• Place the handset in the base when not in use.
• Clean the charging contacts on the handset and base once each month.
NOTE: To clean the charging contacts, use a pencil eraser or
other contact cleaner. Do not use liquids or solvents that can
damage your phone.
CONTAINS NICKEL CADMIUM BATTERY. BATTERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY. DO NOT DISPOSE OF IN
Siemens 242 Cordless Phone