Download Print this page

Important Safety Instructions And Product Information - Siemens 242 Owner's Manual

Cordless phone with caller id
Hide thumbs

Advertisement

Important Safety Instructions and Product Information

Before using your telephone equipment, basic safety instructions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and
injury to persons.
1. Read and understand all instructions.
2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
3. Unplug this product from the wall telephone jack and power outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use
damp cloth for cleaning.
4. Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a
swimming pool.
5. Place this product securely on a stable surface. Serious damage and/or injury may result if the unit falls.
6. Slots or openings in the cabinet and the back and bottom are provided for ventilation, to protect it from overheating. These openings
must not be blocked or covered. This product should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register, or in a place where proper
ventilation is not provided.
7. This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of
power supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power company.
8. Do not place objects on the power cord. Install the unit where no one can step or trip on the cord.
9. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in the risk of fire or electric shock.
10. Never push objects of any kind into this product through cabinet slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out parts
that could result in the risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on this product.
11. To reduce the risk of electric shock or burns, do not disassemble this product. Take it to a qualified service center when service is
required. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages, dangerous electrical current or other risks. Incorrect
reassembly can cause electric shock when the appliance is subsequently used.
12. Unplug the product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions:
a.) When the power cord is damaged or frayed. b.) If liquid has been spilled into the product. c.) If the product has been exposed to rain or
water. d.) If the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by
the operating instructions because improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and may require extensive work by a
qualified technician to restore the product to normal operation. e.) If the product has been dropped or physically has been damaged. f.) If
the product exhibits a distinct change in performance.
13. Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during a thunderstorm. There may a remote risk of electrical shock from lightning.
14. Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
BATTERY SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: To reduce the risk of fire, injury or electric shock, and to properly dispose of batteries, please read and
understand the following instructions.
CONTAINS NICKEL CADMIUM BATTERY. BATTERY MUST BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF PROPERLY. DO NOT DISPOSE OF IN MUNICIPAL
WASTE.
1. Only use the batteries specified for use with this product.
2. DO NOT USE ALKALINE OR LITHIUM BATTERIES, or mix batteries of different sizes or from different manufacturers in this product.
3. Do not dispose of the batteries in a fire; the cells may explode. Do not expose batteries to water. Check with local codes for special
disposal instructions.
4. Do not open or mutilate the batteries. Released electrolyte is corrosive and may cause damage to the eyes or skin. The electrolyte may
be toxic if swallowed.
5. Exercise care in handling the batteries in order not to short the batteries with conducting materials such as rings, bracelets, and keys.
The batteries or conducting material may overheat and cause burns or fire.
6. Charge the batteries provided with, or identified for use with, this product only in accordance with the instructions and limitations
specified in the user's manual. Do not attempt to charge the batteries with any means other than that specified in the user's manual.
7. Periodically clean the charge contacts on both the charger and handset.
8. The RBRC™ Battery Recycling Seal on the batteries indicates Siemens is voluntarily participating in an industry program to collect and
recycle these batteries at the end of their useful life, when taken out of service within the United States or Canada. The RBRC program
provides a convenient alternative to placing used batteries into the trash or municipal waste stream, which is illegal in some areas. Please
call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on battery recycling in your area. Siemens involvement in this program is part of our commitment to
preserving our environment and conserving our natural resources.
Siemens 242 Cordless Phone
22
Owner's Manual

Advertisement

loading