Application and properties
1.3 Communications services
● If not obtained automatically from a DHCP server:
– Assignment of the DNS server address.
● Activation of the Security functions.
● Activation of time-of-day synchronization with "Time from partner", "NTP" or "NTP
(secure)". For the communication with an operation center, give preference to the secure
method NTP (secure).
● Required from the operator of the operation center:
– Operation center key and a suitable certificate for secure and encrypted transfer of the
– Operation center address (URL address of the operation center).
The following communications services are supported:
● Plant Cloud Communication
The CP is a communications processor of the SIMATIC S7-1200 for system connection to
a plant cloud in the operation center.
Secure communication between the CP and operation center is assured by the HTTPS
For a description of the configurable Security functions, refer to the section Other
services and properties (Page 11).
● S7 communication and PG/OP communication with the following functions:
– PUT/GET as client and server for data exchange with remote stations (S7-
– PG functions
– Operator control and monitoring functions (HMI)
Operating Instructions, 02/2015, C79000-G8976-C384-01
CP 1243-1 PCC