Application and properties
Properties of the CP
The CP is intended for operation in an S7-1200 automation system. The CP allows
connection of the S7-1200 to Industrial Ethernet or via the Internet to a plant cloud in the
With the combination of different security functions such as firewall and protocols for data
encryption, the CP protects the station and even entire automation cells from unauthorized
access and protects the communication between the remote S7 station and the operation
centerfrom espionage and manipulation.
Plant Cloud Communication
CP data: Transferring - collecting - analyzing
To transfer data values of the CP regularly, e.g. diagnostics or maintenance data, to an
● Set up the Plant Cloud Communication to one or two operation centers.
To obtain a prediction of the status of your system or your devices:
● Have the transferred data analyzed using this remote computing center/server of the
Access to the analyzed data
To call up the analyzed data, you have the following options available:
● Direct access to the analyzed data.
● Within the framework of a service contract, you receive regular reports about the status of
your system or your devices.
Requirements for CP configuration
Remember the following requirements in the CP configuration for Plant Cloud
● Activation of Plant Cloud Communication ("Communication types" parameter group).
● IP address assignment: Set the IP address manually or obtain the IP address from a
CP 1243-1 PCC
Operating Instructions, 02/2015, C79000-G8976-C384-01