2.1 BEFORE STARTING REPAIR AND ADJUSTMENT
(1) Unplug the power cable of the main unit before using your
(2) Take care not to cause any damage to the conductor
wires when plugging and unplugging the connectors.
(3) Do not randomly handle the parts without identifying
where the trouble is.
(4) Exercise enough care not to damage the lugs, etc. dur-
ing the repair work.
(5) When installing the front panel assembly, be sure to hook
the lug on the back side of the cassette door to the door
opener of the cassette holder. If this operation is ne-
glected it will not be possible to remove the cassette when
ejecting because the housing door cannot be opened.
2.1.2 Checking for Proper Mechanical Operations
Enter the mechanism service mode when you want to oper-
ate the mechanism when no cassette is loaded. (See 1.5
MECHANISM SERVICE MODE.)
2.1.3 Manually Removing the Cassette Tape
1. In case of electrical failures
If you cannot remove the cassette tape which is loaded be-
cause of any electrical failure, manually remove it by taking
the following steps.
(1) Unplug the power cable and remove the top cover,
bracket and front panel assembly. (See 1.3 DISASSEM-
(2) Unload the cassette by manually turning the loading mo-
tor of the mechanism assembly toward the front. In do-
ing so, hold the tape by the hand to keep the slack away
from any grease. (See Fig.2-1-3a.)
(3) Bring the pole base assembly (supply or take-up side) to
a pause when it reaches the position where it is hidden
behind the cassette tape.
(4) Move the top guide toward the drum while holding down
the lug A of the bracket retaining the top guide. Like-
wise hold part B down and remove the top guide.
Section C of the top guide is then brought under the
cassette lid. Then remove the top guide by pressing the
whole cassette tape down. (See Fig.2-1-3b.)
(5) Remove the cassette tape by holding both the slackened
tape and the cassette lid.
(6) Take up the slack of the tape into the cassette. This com-
pletes removal of the cassette tape.
Pole base assembly
Digitized in Heiloo Netherlands