2.2.10 Rotary Encoder
1. How to remove
(1) Remove the screw (A) and remove the rotary encoder
by pulling it up. (See Fig. 2-2-10a.)
Rotary encoder (Front side)
Positioning pin of the rotary encoder
Shaft of the rotary encoder guide
2. How to install (Phase matching)
(1) Make sure that the mark E of the control plate is in align-
ment with the mark
bring the guide marks on the rotary encoder into align-
ment as indicated in Fig.2-2-10a. (See Fig. 2-2-10a and
(2) Turn over the rotary encoder with its guide marks kept in
alignment and install it by fitting on the shaft of the rotary
encoder guide and the positioning pin.
(3) Tighten the screw (A) to complete the installation.
2.2.11 Clutch Unit
(1) Remove the belt wound around the capstan motor and
the clutch unit.
(2) Remove the slit washer and remove the clutch unit.
Rotary encoder (Back side)
of the loading arm gear shaft and
Digitized in Heiloo Netherlands
2.2.12 Change Lever Assembly, Direct Gear, Clutch
Gear and Coupling Gear
1. How to remove
(1) Release the two lugs of the rotary encoder guide in the
arrow-indicated direction and remove the change lever
(2) Remove the slit washer retaining the direct gear and re-
move the latter.
Take care so as not to lose the washer and spring. (See
• The parts with marked (
speed FF/REW type).
1 : Uses the standard type mechanism only.
2 : Uses the high-speed FF/REW type mechanism only.
2. How to install
(1) Install the clutch gear, spring (A), spring (C), direct gear,
spacer and others to the individual shafts of the main
deck, and finally the slit washer. (See Fig.2-2-12a.)
(2) Let the spring (B) drops into the rotary encoder guide hole
and install the change lever assembly.(Take care not to
mistake a direction of the spring.) The point is to slightly
lift the clutch gear and catch it from the both sides with
the assembly. (See Fig.2-2-12b.)
Rotary encoder guide
Position the projecting
) have different types of mechanisms (standard type or high-
Change lever assembly
Coupling gear (