The following adjustment procedures are not only necessary
after replacement of consumable mechanical parts or board
assemblies, but are also provided as references to be re-
ferred to when servicing the electrical circuitry.
In case of trouble with the electrical circuitry, always begin a
service by identifying the defective points by using the meas-
uring instruments as described in the following electrical ad-
justment procedures. After this, proceed to the repair, replace-
ment and/or adjustment. If the required measuring instruments
are not available in the field, do not change the adjustment
parts (variable resistor, etc.) carelessly.
3.1.1 Required test equipments
• Color (colour) television or monitor
• Oscilloscope: wide-band, dual-trace, triggered delayed
• Frequency counter
• Signal generator: RF / IF sweep / marker
• Signal generator: stairstep, color (colour) bar [PAL/NTSC]
• Recording tape
• Digit-key remote controller(provided)
3.1.2 Required adjustment tools
3.1.3 Color (colour) bar signal,Color (colour) bar pattern
Color(colour) bar signal [PAL]
Color(colour) bar signal [NTSC]
(SP, stairstep, PAL)
Color(colour) bar pattern [PAL]
Color(colour) bar pattern [NTSC]
Digitized in Heiloo Netherlands
3.1.4 Switch settings and standard precautions
The SW settings of the VCR and the standard precautions
for the electrical adjustments are as follows.
• When using the Jig RCU, set its custom code to match
the custom code of the VCR.
[Data transmitting method]
Depress the "
after the data code is set.
• Set the switches as shown below unless otherwise
specified on the relevant adjustment chart. The switches
that are not listed below can be set as desired.
If the VCR is not equipped with the functions detailed
below, setup is not required.
AUTO PICTURE/VIDEO CALIBRATION/
PICTURE CONTROL/SMART PICTURE
VIDEO NAVIGATION/TAPE MANAGER OFF
• Unless otherwise specified, all measuring points and
adjustment parts are located on the Main board.
• In the Signal column of the adjustment chart, "Ext. S-
input" means the Y/C separated video signal and "Ext.
input" means the composite video signal input.
" ( 3 ) button
Jig RCU [PTU94023B]