This is the symbol for Electro-magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Telecom non-safety related
This equipment must be externally grounded using the supplied ground wire before power is applied.
Contact the appropriate electrical inspection authority or an electrician if you are uncertain that
suitable grounding is available. Statement 366
Do not work on the system or connect or disconnect cables during periods of lightning activity.
Read the installation instructions before connecting the system to the power source. Statement 1004
Class 1 Laser product. Statement 1008
Ultimate disposal of this product should be handled according to all national laws and regulations.
- Refer installation and service to qualified service personnel only. No user serviceable parts inside.
- Installation must be done in accordance with the instructions contained in this manual.
- Read these instructions before installing.
- Save these instructions.
- In the United states, installation must be in accordance with the National Electric Code (N.E.C.),
NFPA 70 article 810.
- In Canada, installation must be in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code (C.E.C.), CSA C22.2,
No.1. Section 54.
- Do not mount antennas on utility poles, electric service mast, or other structures carrying electric
light or power wires. The unit and associated wiring must maintain clearance of at least 2 feet (.61
M) from power or light wires of less than 250V, or at least 10 feet (3.048 M) from power wires of more
than 250V, per N.E.C., Article 810, C.E.C. Section 54.
- Accidental contact with high voltage wires may result in death. Watch for overhead electric power
lines when erecting the unit.
- Install in accordance with all national, regional, or local electrical and building codes.
Cisco expressly requires that when using Cisco electronic equipment always follow the basic safety
precautions to reduce the risk of electrical shock, fire, and injury to people or property.
Follow all warnings and instructions that come with the equipment.
Do not disassemble the Radio Unit (RU) equipment. Removing the RU's covers exposes dangerous
voltages or other risks and also voids the warranty. Incorrect reassembly can cause equipment
damage or electrical shock. Only an authorized repair technician should service this product.
BWX 8415 Basestation Installation and Commissioning Guide
P R E L I M I N A R Y