Notes and Safety Instructions
Notes regarding the battery pack
- Make sure that the battery pack is fully charged before starting to record.
- To preserve battery power, keep your camcorder turned off when you are not
- If your camcorder is in CAMERA mode, and it is left in STBY mode without being
operated for more than 5 minutes with a tape inserted, it will automatically turn
itself off to protect against unnecessary battery discharge.
- Make sure that the battery pack is fitted firmly into place.
Dropping the battery pack may damage it.
- A brand new battery pack is not charged.
Before using the battery pack, you need to charge it completely.
- It is a good idea to use the viewfinder rather than the LCD when making a long
recording, because the LCD uses up more battery power.
* When the battery reaches the end of its life, please contact your local dealer.
The batteries have to be dealt with as chemical waste.
Notes regarding the Video Head Cleaning
- To ensure normal recording and a clear picture, clean the video heads regularly.
If a square block-shape distorts playback, or only a blue screen is displayed, the video heads may be dirty.
If this happens, clean the video heads with a dry type cleaning cassette.
- Do not use a wet-type cleaning cassette. It may damage the video heads.