Inserting and Ejecting a Cassette
✤ When inserting a tape or closing a cassette holder, do not apply excessive force.
This may cause a malfunction.
✤ Do not use any tapes other than Mini DV cassettes.
1. Connect a power source and slide the TAPE EJECT switch and open
the cassette door.
- The cassette holding mechanism rises automatically.
2. Insert a tape into the cassette holder with the tape window facing outward and
the protection tab bottom.
3. Press the area marked PUSH on the cassette holding mechanism until
it clicks into place.
- The cassette is loaded automatically.
4. Close the cassette door.
- Close the door completely until you hear a "click".
When you have recorded something that you wish to keep, you can protect it so that it will
not be accidentally erased.
a. Protecting a tape :
Push the safety tab on the cassette so that the hole is uncovered.
b. Removing the tape protection :
If you no longer wish to keep the recording on the cassette, push the safety tab back so
that it covers the hole.
• How to store a tape
a. Avoid places with magnets or magnetic interference.
b. Avoid humidity and dust prone places.
c. Keep the tape in an upright position and avoid storing it in direct sunlight.
d. Avoid dropping or knocking your tapes.