4.1 STEERING WHEEL
Turns the front wheels.
4.2 CHOKE CONTROL
This enriches the mixture so must only be used for the time neces-
sary when starting from cold.
4.3 ACCELERATOR LEVER
Regulates the engine's r.p.m. The positions are indicated on the
plate and correspond to:
for minimum engine speed
for maximum engine speed
– When moving from one area to another, put the lever in a posi-
tion between «SLOW» and «FAST».
– When cutting, go to the «FAST» position.
4.4 KEY IGNITION SWITCH
This key operated control has three positions:
On being released at the «START» position, the key will automati-
cally return to «ON».
everything is switched off;
activates all parts;
engages the starter motor.
4.5 PARKING BRAKE LEVER
This lever is to stop the machine from moving when it has been
parked. There are two positions:
«A» = Brake off
«B» = Brake engaged
– The brake is engaged by fully pressing the pedal (4.21 or 4.31)
and moving the lever to position «B». When you take your foot off
the pedal it will be blocked in the down position.
– In models which include it, a pilot lamp will warn that the "brake
is engaged" (4.10.d).
– To disengage the parking brake, press the pedal (4.21 or 4.31).
The lever will return to position «A».
4.6 CUTTING HEIGHT ADJUSTING LEVER
There are seven positions for this lever, shown as «1» to «7» on the
label, which correspond to just as many cutting heights. Their val-
ues are indicated in the "Specifications table" (
– To go from one height to another, press the release button at the
end of the lever.
4.7 PUSH-BUTTON FOR REVERSE MOWING
By keeping the push-button pressed, it is possible to engage the re-
verse gear and go backwards even with the blades engaged, with-
out causing the engine to stop.
4.8 BLADE ENGAGEMENT AND BRAKE CONTROL
The mushroom switch is for engaging
the blades by an electromagnetic
= Blades disengaged
= Blades engaged
– The "Blades engaged" condition is indicated by a pilot lamp (ex-
cept SB• models)(
– If the blades are engaged when safety conditions have not been
complied with, the engine shuts down and cannot be restarted
– On disengaging the blades (position «A»), a brake is simultane-
ously activated which stops their rotation in few seconds.
– It is possible to engage the blades in reverse only by pressing
4.9 CONTROL FOR TIPPING GRASS-CATCHER
The grass-catcher may be tipped to
empty by pulling the lever (4.9.1), which
can be extracted from its housing.