Electronic Compartment Component Descriptions and Maintenance Procedures
2.10 Color Touchscreen
Replacing the color touchscreen panel requires removal and disassembly of the door.
Follow Safety Precautions. Failure to follow proper procedures may result in equipment
damage, personal injury or death.
Full safety precautions must be followed throughout all sections of this procedure to prevent
possible injury, equipment damage, or death. Verify that the area is clear of flammable gases
and vapors and that appropriate authorization is obtained to do the work (hot work permits).
Electrostatic Discharge Precautions.
The TIB can be damaged by electrostatic discharge (ESD). Take appropriate precautions
when unpacking and handling these components to avoid ESD damage.
1. Allow any applications to complete, and place in Hold.
2. Using GCP, save the existing database of the NAU to the hard drive of the Workstation.
– From the Network Portal, select the line entry for the device and then click the Backup
– The "Save backup file as..." dialog box will appear. Type or select a name for the backup
– Click the Save button in the dialog box to begin the backup. A progress dialog box will
– Click "OK" to close the progress box.
The .amd database file is saved to the hard drive of the PC.
3. Power down the analyzer.
4. Open the analyzer door.
5. Disconnect the door-to-chassis ESD ground wires.
button at the top of the view.
file in the File Name field. If the user does not identify a file extension, then the default
extension of .amd will be used.
appear, showing the saving of the database to flash memory and then the saving of the
file to the computer. When the backup is complete the progress box displays
Maxum II Reference Manual
Manual, 7/2017, 2000596-001