Installing the CAC3 on the SIB3
It will be neccessary to download the database saved earlier using GCP.
1. Carefully align the CAC3 connectors over the mating connectors of the SIB3.
2. Press down to fully engage the connectors.
3. Install the 2mm screws with o-rings. Avoid overtightening.
4. Plug in the ethernet cable.
5. Follow the steps in the
Analyzer General Maintenance Manual.
Removing a SIB3
1. As each cable is disconnected, move it clear of the SIB so it can be removed.
2. Make note of
– I/O board positions
– I/O cable location
– All cable positions to the SIB3
– SIB3 I/O Mode switch
– I/O cables from SIB3 and I/O boards
– Display cables
– Ethernet cable from CAC3
– Internal ethernet cable to SNEs if used
4. Remove ESB
5. Remove I/O boards
6. Disconnect from the SIB3
– Purge cable
– Power cable
– Serial cables
– CAN bus cable if present
7. If the existing CAC3 will be reused, remove it following the procedure in the preceding
section and place in a static-protected area.
Maxum II Reference Manual
Manual, 7/2017, 2000596-001
Electronic Compartment Component Descriptions and Maintenance Procedures
General Analyzer Startup Procedure in the Maxum Edition II
2.3 System Controller Version 2.1 (SYSCON2.1)