2. Turn the right inner knob to adjust the Clarifier frequency up or down
3. Select any other function to exit the Clarifier. When another frequency
or channel is selected the Clarifier value will return to 000.
MARITIME RADIOTELEPHONE NETWORK (PUBLIC CORRESPON-
DENCE) CHANNEL OPERATION
All 246 ITU public correspondence channels in the maritime radiotele-
phone network are programmed permanently in the electronic memory of
the KHF 1050 System. These channels may be used by aircraft to make
telephone calls through the High-Seas-Operator Network. Refer to
Appendix B for channels and frequencies.
To use the ITU channels perform the following steps:
1. Turn the left outer knob to OPT. The
Clarifier will be displayed first, denoted by
the C as shown in Figure 11.
2. Press the FUNC button until the last
tuned ITU channel appears in the lower
right of the display as shown in Figure 12.
The lower left will be blank.
3. Turn the right inner or outer knob to
select the desired ITU channel.
4. Momentarily press push-to-talk to tune
the antenna to the new channel frequency.
5. Select any other function to exit.
TRANSMIT POWER SELECTION
The KHF 1050 System transmit power can be adjusted for optimum
communication quality dictated by conditions such as ionospheric condi-
tions and distance to station. Available settings are Minimum (MIN),
Medium (MED) and Maximum (MAX).
MIN = 50 Watts
MED = 100 Watts
MAX = 200 Watts
To change the transmit power, perform the following steps:
1. Turn the left outer knob to OPT. The Clarifier will be displayed first,
denoted by the C as shown in Figure 11.
Revision 0 Mar/2003
KHF 1050/PS440 Pilot's Guide