8 Dry Ink/Toner Cover
Open this cover to access and replace the dry ink/toner cartridges.
Energy (Power) Saver Mode
The Power Saver feature allows the press to enter a reduced power consumption mode
when all print jobs have completed and there are no jobs currently processing. There
are two energy saving modes: Low Power and Sleep.
By default, the press automatically enters the Low Power mode after 1 minute of
inactivity. After 1 minute of inactivity, the press then enters Sleep mode. These time
intervals for both modes can be changed by the system administrator.
Refer to the following example:
• Low Power Mode is set to 1 minute.
• Sleep Mode is set to 10 minutes.
• Sleep Mode activates after 10 minutes of total inactivity and not 10 minutes after
the Low Power Mode begins.
Exiting Power Saver
The press exits Power Saver mode by doing one of the following:
• Pressing the Power Saver button on the press UI,
• Receiving print data for an incoming job to be printed, or
• Programming and performing a copy or scan job.
Power On/Off the Press
Power On the Press
1. Check that the Main Power switch behind the Front Door is On.
2. Press the Power On/Off button on top of the press to the ON position.
The Ready Indicator light displays green.
A screen message advises of a short wait while the fuser warms up and the press runs
a system check. You can set features for a job during this time and the printing process
will start automatically when the press is ready.
Power Off the Press
Always power off the Power Switch first and then power off the Main Power Switch.
1. Press the Power On/Off button on the top of the press to Off.
Quick Start Guide