Position Request and Reply
Anytime you need to know where another boat currently
is—to find your boating partners, to respond to a request for
assistance, etc.—you can send a position request to their
Press and hold
1. Press and hold MENU/CALL to display the Call menu.
2. Select POS Request and press ENTER-H/M/L.
3. The radio displays the names listed in your directory;
use CHANNEL UP and CHANNEL DOWN to choose
the directory entry you want to contact and press
ENTER-H/M/L. If you want to contact a station that is
not in your directory, select Manual. The radio prompts
you to enter the MMSI number you want to call. Enter
the MMSI number the same way you enter directory
entries (see page 22). Enter all nine digits and press
4. The radio displays the MMSI number you are about to
contact and asks you to confirm. If you want to request
the position of the displayed MMSI number, select Send.
To cancel the request, select Exit.
5. When the other station responds, the radio displays
the MMSI number, the longitude, and the latitude of the
other station. If your radio is connected to a chartplotter
through the NMEA OUT connection (see page 34), the
position information will also be displayed on the plotter
Uniden MHS135 Radio Owner's Manual