IF THE APPLIANCE IS NOT GOING
TO BE USED
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply.
- Remove all the food and leave the doors open enough for air to circulate inside the compartments. This
will prevent the formation of mould and bad odours.
- If the appliance has an automatic ice-maker:
1. Shut off the water supply to the appliance.
2. Empty the ice bucket.
In case of power failures of up to 24 hours, keep the doors of the appliance closed. In this way the stored
food will stay cold as long as possible.
In case of power cut exceeding 24 hours, remove the food from the appliance and store in another
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Periodically clean the appliance with a cloth and a solution of lukewarm water and neutral detergent
specific for refrigerator interiors. Never use detergents or abrasives.
• Do not use steam cleaners.
• Clean the condenser using a vacuum cleaner, remove the front kickplate (see installation handbook).
• The buttons and control panel display (located on the freezer door on some models) must be cleaned
with a dry cloth; do not use alcohol or alcohol-derived substances.
• The refrigerant system pipes are located near the defrost pan and can become very hot. Periodically
clean them with a vacuum cleaner.
Replacing light bulbs
• Always disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply before
replacing any light bulbs.
• Before replacing the light bulb, remove the light guard that may be
present. This will have to be put back after replacing the light bulb.
• The refrigerator accepts light bulbs with a bayonet type mount.
• The ice/water dispenser light bulb has a standard screw type mount.
Replace the lamp with one of the same type, available from the After-
sales Service or from authorised dealers.
Downloaded from Fridge-Manual.com Manuals