Loading the silverware
• Load the silverware basket while it is in the bottom rack
or take the basket out for loading on a counter or table.
NOTE: You can remove the basket for easy unloading.
Always unload or remove the basket before unloading
the racks to avoid spilling water droplets on the silver-
• Place small items (baby bottle caps, jar lids, etc.) in a
section with a hinged cover. Close the cover over the
section to hold small items in place.
NOTE: Silverware basket covers on some models only.
• You can separate the two small baskets from the large
basket and position the small baskets elsewhere in the
upper or lower rack.
To remove a small basket:
1. Hold the center basket with one hand, and one of the
small baskets with the other hand.
2. Slide the small basket to release tabs from
3. Pull baskets apart.
• Mix items in each section of the basket with some
pointing up and some down to avoid nesting. Spray
cannot reach nested items.
IMPORTANT: Always load sharp items (knives,
skewers, forks, etc.) pointing down.
Quiet operating tips
To avoid thumping/clattering noises during operation:
• Make sure lightweight load items are secured in
• Make sure pot lids and handles, pizza pans, cookie
sheets, etc., do not touch interior walls or interfere with
the spray arm's rotation.
• Load dishes so they do not touch one another.
NOTE: Keep sink drain plugs closed during dishwasher
operation to prevent noise transfer through drains.