Manage files on your phone
Using your phone as removable storage? Want to organize your photos or
documents? With the Files app, you can easily check the files on your phone,
organize them into folders, or delete the ones you don't need anymore.
You can download the free Files app from www.windowsphone.com. Data
transmission costs may apply.
1. To navigate to a folder, tap the folder you want.
2. To search the folder you're currently in, tap
3. To change how the files or folders are arranged, tap
4. To quickly jump to a previous folder, tap the folder you want on the file path
at the top of the screen.
Create a new folder
, write a name, and tap
Move or copy files to another folder
Tap and hold the file you want, and select what you want to do with it.
Folders can't be copied or moved, but you can create a new folder to the new
location, and move the contents of the old folder there. To move or copy several
files at once, tap
Share files or folders
, select what you want to share, tap
Copy content between your phone and computer
Copy photos, videos, and other content created by you between your phone and
If your computer is a Mac, install the Windows Phone app from the Mac
If you want to transfer your photos to a Mac, it is recommended that you
use the Lumia Photo Transfer for Mac app, which you can download from
1. Connect your phone to a compatible computer with a compatible USB cable.
2. On your computer, open a file manager, such as Windows Explorer or Finder,
and browse to your phone.
Your phone is shown under portable devices as Windows Phone. To see
the folders of your phone, double-click the name of the phone. There are
© 2015 Microsoft Mobile. All rights reserved.
, select the files you want, and tap
to move or
, and select how you want to share.