Create your Microsoft account
Spice up your life and get more from your phone – create a Microsoft account.
If you didn't create a Microsoft account during the first start-up, you can always
do it later.
1. On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap ALL
SETTINGS > email+accounts > add an account.
2. Tap Microsoft account.
3. Create your Microsoft account, or sign in with your existing username and
password, and follow the instructions shown on your phone.
Parents must approve the account for children under the age of 13. To approve
the account, on the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap
ALL SETTINGS > email+accounts > add an account > Microsoft account, and
follow the instructions shown on the phone.
You can also create or manage your account at www.live.com.
Set up My Family
Want to control what your kids can download with their phones? With My Family,
you can restrict your kids from downloading paid or age-rated content from
Store or games store.
Xbox doesn't support child accounts in some countries or regions where
Windows Phones are available.
1. Go to https://www.windowsphone.com/family, and log in to your Microsoft
2. Add the account you want to My Family.
3. Change the settings for your kid's account.
For more My Family settings, go to https://familysafety.microsoft.com.
© 2015 Microsoft Mobile. All rights reserved.