Transfer content using your Microsoft account
If your old phone is a Windows Phone, the easiest way to transfer your contacts,
calendar, and text messages to your new Lumia phone is your Microsoft account.
If you don't have a Microsoft account set up on your new Lumia phone yet, on
the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, tap ALL SETTINGS >
email+accounts > add an account, and create a Microsoft account following the
instructions shown on the screen.
1. To select what you want to back up to your Microsoft account, on your previous
Windows Phone device, tap
Your contacts and calendar are backed up automatically to your Microsoft
2. On your new Lumia phone, sign in to your Microsoft account. Your contacts,
calendar, and text messages are automatically transferred to your new Lumia
Transfer content using OneDrive
Upload your Office documents, photos, and videos to OneDrive to easily transfer
them from your old phone to your new Lumia phone.
To easily upload and manage your content in OneDrive, download and install the
OneDrive app from:
• Google Play for an Android phone
• iTunes Store for an iPhone
• Store for Windows Phones (if not already in phone)
• Mac App Store for an Apple Mac
• support.microsoft.com for your PC
You need a Microsoft account to sign in to OneDrive.
OneDrive may not be available for all phone models.
1. On your old phone, open the OneDrive app.
, and select what you want to upload.
3. Select upload.
You can now sign in to OneDrive with your Microsoft account to access your
content on any device and download it when you need it.
To transfer Office documents, you can also save them directly to
OneDrive. To access your documents, on your new Lumia phone, tap
Office > OneDrive.
© 2015 Microsoft Mobile. All rights reserved.
Settings > backup.