CARE AND MAINTENANCE
take the lower
Install the lower
ﬁlter by using
1. Be sure to unplug the unit before cleaning or
2. Do not use gasoline, thinner or other chemicals
to clean the unit.
3. Tap or hose washing may result in an electrical
hazard when resuming operation of the unit.
4. If the power cord is damaged, discontinue unit
use. Take unit to a Sears or other qualiﬁed service
dealer for repair.
• Clean the air ﬁlter at least once every two weeks
to prevent inferior fan operation because of dust.
The unit has two ﬁlters. Pull open the upper ﬁlter
grille, and raise the ﬁlter up and out of the unit
(Fig. 21). Loosen and remove the screw on the
lower ﬁlter grille, open the grille and remove the
lower ﬁlter from the unit (Fig. 21).
Wash the ﬁlters by immersing them gently in warm
water (about 140ºF/40ºC) with a mild detergent.
Rinse the ﬁlter and dry it in a shaded area.
Reinstall the air ﬁlters only after they are
• Use a lint-free cloth soaked in mild detergent
water to clean the exterior surfaces of the unit.
Use another clean cloth to wipe the exterior
UNIT IDLE FOR A LONG TIME
• Remove the plug from the upper drain hole ﬁtting.
Attach the open end of the supplied drain hose to
the ﬁtting, and place the other end so that water
ﬂows into a ﬂoor drain See Fig. 19 on page 12).
• Carefully move the unit to a ﬂoor drain location,
and remove the bottom drain plug to drain the
water from the bottom tray (See Fig. 20 on
• Run the unit in FAN mode for half a day in a
warm room to dry the inside of the unit and
prevent mold formation.
• Turn oﬀ and unplug the unit, wrap the cord and
bundle it with the supplied strap.
Remove the batteries from the remote control.
• Clean and reinstall the air ﬁlters.