Technical information for the installer
• This appliance can be built into a 20mm to
40mm thick worktop.
• If no oven is to be installed below the hob, a
panel must be fitted under the hob to prevent
hob damage and protect the cupboard contents.
This panel must cover the whole of the
underside of the hob and must be positioned so
that an air gap of at least 20mm between the
panel and hob underside is maintained, as a
minimum, and as a maximum 150mm to the
underneath of the work surface.
• This hob is designed to operate perfectly with
any oven in the KitchenAid range. The
Manufacturer declines all responsibility should
any other make of oven be installed.
The manufacturer declines all responsibility
should another make of oven be installed.
Before installation, please ensure that:
• Warning: this is a heavy products which
requires the installation to be carried out
by two people.
• The gas supply (type and pressure) and the
calibration on the hob are compatable ( see
WARNING! This operation must be performed by a qualified
• The gas supply system must comply with local regulations.
• You can find specific local regulations for some countries in the
paragraph "Reference to local regulations". If not information
concerning your Country is given, please ask details to your
• The connection of the hob to the gas pipe network or gas cylinder
must be made by means of a grid copper or steel pipe with fittings
complying with local regulations, or by means of a continuous-
surface stainless steel hose complying with local regulations. The
maximum length of the hose is 2 linear metres.
• Connect elbow (A)* or (B)* supplied with to the hob inlet main
pipe and interpose the washer (C) supplied, in compliance with
* Use elbow (A) for France and elbow (B) for all other destinations.
IMPORTANT: if a stainless steel hose is used, it must be
installed so as not to touch any mobile part of the furniture. It
must pass through an area where there are no obstructions
and where it is possible to inspect it on all its length.
• After connection to teh gas supply, check for leaks with soapy
water. Light up the burners and turn the knobs from max position
to minumum position
to check flame stability.
serial number plate on the hob and the table on
• The cabinetry and appliances surrounding/next
to the hob rea heat resistant and in compliance
with local regulations.
• The products of combustion are removed from
the atmoshere in the room by using an
extraction hood or electrical fan installed to the
walls and or windows, in line with current
• The air circulates naturally through a suitable
opening that is no less than 100cm
section, which must be:
- perminent and accessable on the walls of the
room being ventilated and extracting towards
- created in such a way that the openings both
inside and out cannot be obstructed, even in
- Protected by plastic grill, metallic netting etc
that should not reduce the 100cm
- Located in such a position so as not to
interfere with the extraction of the products of