(Carbide tipped blade only)
• Aluminum extrusions such as those used when making aluminum screens and storm windows can
easily be cut with your saw using the proper blade designed for non-ferrous metal cutting. Position
the material so that you will be cutting the thinnest cross section, as shown in Fig. I.
• Fig. J illustrates the wrong way to cut these extrusions. Use a wax lubricant when cutting aluminum
such as Johnson's Stick Wax No.140. Apply the stick wax directly to the saw blade before cutting.
• Never apply stick wax to a moving blade. The wax, available at most hardware stores and industrial
mill supply houses, provides proper lubrication and keeps chips from adhering to the blade.
• Be sure to properly secure work. Certain workpieces, due to their size, shape or surface finish, may
require the use of a clamp, jig or fixture to prevent movement during the cut.
The When cutting bowed material always position it as shown in Fig. K and never like that shown in Fig. L.
Positioning the material incorrectly will cause it to pinch the blade near the completion of the cut.
CUTTING PLASTIC PIPE AND OTHER ROUND CROSS-SECTIONAL MATERIAL
Plastic pipe can be easily cut with your saw. It should be cut just like wood and clamped or held firmly
to the fence to keep it from rolling particularly when making angle cuts.
The performance of your tool depends on the accessory used. Black & Decker and Piranha accessories
are engineered to high quality standards and designed to enhance the performance of your tool. By
using these accessories you will get the very best from your tool.
PERFORM ALL MAINTENANCE WITH MITER SAW UNPLUGGED.
1. All bearings are sealed. They are lubricated for life and need no further maintenance.
2. Periodically clean all dust and wood chips from around and under the base and the rotary table. Even
though slots are provided to allow debris to pass through, some dust will accumulate.
3. The brushes are designed to give you several years of use. If they ever need replacement follow the
instructions in this manual or return the tool to the nearest service center for repair.
Your tool has been designed to operate over a long period of time with a minimum of maintenance.
Continuous satisfactory operation depends upon proper tool care and regular cleaning.
WARNING: Before performing any maintenance, switch off and unplug the tool.
• Regularly clean the ventilation slots in your tool using a soft brush or dry cloth.
• Regularly clean the motor housing using a damp cloth. Do not use any abrasive or solvent-based cleaner.
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
This product must not be disposed of with normal household waste.
Should you find one day that your Black & Decker product needs replacement, or if it is of no further use
to you, do not dispose of it with household waste. Make this product available for separate collection.