Before calling for service, please review the Troubleshooting chart below, since the problem may not
be a unit malfunction.
Odours and smoke are not
The DUST/ODOUR SIGN
illuminates green even when
the air is impure.
The DUST/ODOUR SIGN illumi-
nates yellow or red even when
the air is clean.
A clicking or ticking sound is
heard from the unit.
The discharged air has an
The unit does not operate when
cigarette smoke is in the air.
Filter Indicator Light is
The DUST/ODOUR SIGN are
The DUST/ODOUR SIGN lights
change colour frequently.
FP-E50TA TH_EN.indb 14
REMEDY (not a malfunction)
• Clean or replace the filters if they appear to be heavily soiled.
• The air could be impure at the time the unit was plugged in.
Unplug the unit, wait one minute, and plug the unit in again.
• Sensor operation is affected if the dust sensor openings are
dirty or clogged. Gently clean the dust sensor openings. (Ref.
• Clicking or ticking sounds may be audible when the unit is
• Check to see if the filters are heavily soiled.
• Clean or replace the filters.
• Plasmacluster Air Purifiers emit small traces of ozone which
may produce an odour.
• Is the unit installed in a location that is difficult for the sensor to
detect cigarette smoke?
• Are the dust sensor openings blocked or clogged?
(In this case, clean the openings.) (Ref. E-4,E-11)
• After replacing filters, connect the power cord to an outlet and
press the Filter Reset Button. (Ref. E-10)
• Check to see if the Lights OFF Mode selected. If so, then press
the Lights Control Button to activate the indicator lights.
• The DUST/ODOUR SIGN lights automatically change colours
as impurities are detected by the dust sensor and odour sensor.
5/26/2557 BE 10:36 AM