IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed,
including the following:
– To reduce the risk of electrical shock, fire or injury to persons:
• Read all instructions before using the unit.
• Use only a 220 volt outlet.
• Do not use the unit if the power cord or plug is damaged or the
connection to the wall outlet is loosened.
• Periodically remove dust from the plug.
• Do not insert fingers or foreign objects into the air intake or air outlet.
• When removing the power plug, always hold the plug and never pull
on the cord.
Electrical shock and/or fire from a short circuit may result.
• Be careful not to damage the power cord, it may cause electric shock,
excess heat or fires.
• Do not remove the plug when your hands are wet.
• Do not use this unit near gas appliances or fireplaces.
• When cleaning the unit, or when the unit is not in use, be sure to unplug the
unit. Electrical shock and/or fire from a short circuit may result.
• If the power cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer,
its service agent, a Sharp authorized Service Centre or similarly
qualified person in order to avoid a hazard.
• Only a Sharp Authorized Service Centre should service this air purifier.
Contact the nearest Service Centre for any problems, adjustments, or
• Do not operate when using aerosol insecticides or in rooms where there is
oily residue, incense, sparks from lit cigarettes, chemical fumes in the air, or
in locations where the unit may get wet, such as a bathroom.
• Be cautious when cleaning the unit. Strong corrosive cleansers may
damage the exterior.
• When carrying the unit, hold the unit by handles on both sides.
• This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and
persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of
experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards
involved. Children shall not play with the appliance. Cleaning and user
maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
• Do not expose the unit to water. Short circuit and/or electrical shock may
occur as a result.
– Radio or TV Interference
If this air purifier should cause interference to radio or television reception, try
to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation distance between the unit and radio/TV receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which
the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
FP-E50TA TH_EN.indb 2
5/26/2557 BE 10:36 AM