The cable/set top box remote
control doesn't turn the TV on or
off, or adjust the volume.
A "Mode Not Supported"
There is a plastic smell from the
The TV Signal Information is
unavailable in the Self Diagnosis
TV is tilted to the right or left side.
There are difficulties assembling
the stand base.
The Broadcasting menu is grey
Your settings are lost after 30
minutes or every time the TV is
You have intermittent loss of audio
You see small particles when you
look closely at the edge of the
frame of the TV.
The PIP menu is not available.
You turned the TV off 45 minutes
ago, and it turned on again.
The message "Scrambled Signal"
or "Weak or No Signal" appears.
There are recurrent picture/sound
A reaction may occur between the
rubber cushion pads on the base
stand and the top finish of some
The message "This file may not
be playable properly." appears.
✎ You can keep your TV in optimum operating condition by upgrading to the latest firmware (www.
samsumg.com → support) by USB.
Solutions and Explanations
• Programme the Cable/Set top box remote control to operate the TV. Refer to the Cable/Set top box user
manual for the SAMSUNG TV code.
• Check the supported resolution of the TV, and adjust the external device's output resolution accordingly.
• This smell is normal and will dissipate over time.
• This function is only available with digital channels from an Aerial / RF / Coax connection.
• Remove the stand base from the TV and reassemble it.
• Make sure the TV is placed on a flat surface. If you can not remove the screws from the TV, please use a
magnetized screw driver.
• The Broadcasting menu is only available when the TV source is selected.
• If the TV is in the Store Demo mode, it will reset audio and picture settings every 30 minutes. If you want to
change the settings from Store Demo mode to Home Use, press the
- Support - Use Mode.
and go to
• Check the cable connections and reconnect them.
• Loss of audio or video can be caused by using overly rigid or thick cables. Make sure the cables are flexible
enough for long term use. If mounting the TV to the wall, we recommend using cables with 90 degree
• This is part of the product's design and is not a defect.
• PIP functionality is only available when you are using a HDMI or components source.
• It is normal. The TV operates the OTA (Over The Aerial) function itself to upgrade firmware downloaded whilst
your watching TV.
• If you are using a CAM CARD (CI/CI+), check that it is installed into the common interface slot.
• If there is still a problem, pull the CAM CARD out of the TV and insert it into the slot again.
• Check and change the signal/source.
• To prevent this, use felt pads on any surface of the TV that comes in direct contact with furniture.
• This may appear because of high bit rate of content. Content generally will play but could experience some
button to select TV mode,