Figures and illustrations in this User Manual are provided for reference only and may differ from actual product appearance. Product design and
specifications may be changed without notice.
1. Functionalities related to Digital TV (DVB) are only available in countries/areas where DVB-T (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AVC) digital terrestrial signals are
broadcasted or where you are able to access to a compatible DVB-C (MPEG2 and MPEG4 AAC) cable-TV service. Please check with your local
dealer the possibility to receive DVB-T or DVB-C signal.
2. DVB-T is the DVB European consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television and DVB-C is that for the broadcast
transmission of digital TV over cable. However, some differentiated features like EPG (Electric Programme Guide), VOD (Video On Demand) and so
on, are not included in this specification. So, they cannot be workable at this moment.
3. Although this TV set meets the latest DVB-T and DVB-C standards, as of [August, 2008], the compatibility with future DVB-T digital terrestrial and
DVB-C digital cable broadcasts cannot be guaranteed.
4. Depending on the countries/areas where this TV set is used some cable-TV providers may charge an additional fee for such a service and you may
be required to agree to terms and conditions of their business.
5. Some Digital TV functions might be unavailable in some countries or regions and DVB-C might not work correctly with some cable service providers.
6. For more information, please contact your local Samsung customer care centre.
✎ The reception quality of TV may be affected due to differences in broadcasting method between the countries. Please check the TV performance
in the local SAMSUNG Authorized Dealer, or the Samsung Call Centre whether it can be improved by reconfiguring TV setting or not.
• Screen Image retention
Do not display a still image (such as on a video game) on the plasma display panel for more than several minutes as it can cause screen image
retention. This image retention is also known as "screen burn". To avoid such image retention, reduce the degree of brightness and contrast of the
screen when displaying a still image.
• Heat on the top of the Plasma TV
The top side of the product may be hot after long periods of use as heat dissipates from the panel through the vent hole in the upper part of the
This is normal and does not indicate any defect or operation failure of the product.
However, children should be prevented from touching the upper part of the product.
• The product is making a "cracking" noise.
A "cracking" noise may occur when the product contracts or expands due to a change in the surrounding environment such as temperature or
humidity. This is normal and not a defect of the unit.
• Cell Defects
The PDP uses a panel consisting of 2,360,000(HD-level) to 6,221,000(FHD-level) pixels which require sophisticated technology to produce. However,
there may be a few bright or dark pixels on the screen. These pixels will have no impact on the performance of the product.
• Avoid operating the TV at temperatures below 41°F (5°C)
• A still image displayed too long may cause permanent damage to the PDP Panel.
Watching the Plasma TV in 4:3 format for a long period of time may leave traces of borders displayed on the left, right and centre
of the screen caused by the difference of light emission on the screen. Playing a DVD or a game console may cause similar
effects to the screen.
Damages caused by the above effect are not covered by the Warranty.
• After-images on the Screen.
Displaying still images from Video games for longer than a certain period of time may produce partial after-images.
To prevent this effect, reduce the "brightness" and "contrast" when displaying still images for a long time.
Warranty does not cover any damage caused by image retention.
Burn-in is not covered by the warranty.
Digital TV notice