Using the Self Diagnosis
→ Support → Self Diagnosis →
✎ Self Diagnosis might take few seconds, this is part of the normal operation of the TV.
• Picture Test: Use to check for picture problems.
• Sound Test: Use the built-in melody sound to check for sound problems.
• Signal Information (digital channels only): HDTV channel's reception quality is either perfect or the
channels are unavailable. Adjust your aerial to increase signal strength.
• Reset: Reset all settings to the factory defaults except network settings.
✎ The PIN input screen appears before the setup screen.
✎ Enter your 4-digit PIN. Change the PIN using the Change PIN option.
Updating the Software
→ Support → Software Update →
The Software Update menu lets you upgrade your TV's software to the latest version.
Current Version: This is the software version already installed in the TV.
✎ When software is upgraded, video and audio settings you have made will return to their default
settings. We advise you to write down your settings so that you can easily reset them after the
• Update now
− By USB: Insert a USB drive containing the firmware upgrade file, downloaded from "www.samsung.
com" into the TV.
✎ Please be careful not to disconnect the power or remove the USB drive until upgrades are
complete. The TV will be turned off and on automatically after completing the firmware
− By Channel: Upgrade the software using the broadcasting signal.
✎ If the function is selected during the software transmission period, software will be
automatically searched and downloaded.
✎ The time required to download the software is determined by the signal status.
• Auto update: A manual upgrade will be automatically performed at selected time. Since the power of
the unit is turned on internally, the screen may be turned on slightly for the product. This phenomenon
may continue for more than 1 hour until the software upgrade is complete.