TREAT LIQUID AND VAPORIZED REFRIGERANT WITH RESPECT.
RELEASE OF LARGE AMOUNTS OF REFRIGEANT:
Vapors from the refrigerant can reduce the oxygen available for breathing and cause suffocation.
Refrigerant decomposes rapidly and becomes toxic and corrosive when it reaches approximately 1100° F.
Refrigerant can cause skin irritation and frostbite. Always wear gloves and safety glasses or goggles
when working with liquid or vaporized refrigerant.
Purposely release refrigerants into the environment.
Inhale refrigerant vapors
Use refrigerant in a unventilated area
Allow refrigerant to contact your skin, eyes or clothing.
If refrigerant comes in contact with eyes, flush with fresh water for at least 15 minutes.
If refrigerant comes in contact with exposed skin, flush with fresh water. begin with the water cold and
gradually increase the water temperature to warm the skin slowly.
If refrigerant vapor is inhaled, move to an area of fresh air immediately. If breathing has stopped, give
mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration.
stimulants. Do not give adrenaline (epinephrine). Call a physician immediately.
WHEN WORKING WITH REFRIGERANT, DO NOT:
If available, give the victim oxygen.
IN CASE OF ACCIDENTAL