Safety of others
• This appliance is not intended for use by
persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental
capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use
of the appliance by a person responsible
for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure
that they do not play with the appliance.
• Do not allow children or any person
unfamiliar with these instructions to use
• Do not allow children or animals to come
near the work area or to touch the
appliance or power supply cord. Close
supervision is necessary when the
appliance is used near children.
• Children should not be left unattended
while the fan is in use.
• It is not recommended that this product
is used by children.
• Never leave the appliance unattended
when in use.
• Remove the plug from the socket before
leaving the appliance unattended and
before changing, cleaning or inspecting
any parts of the appliance.
• When not in use, the appliance should be
stored in a dry place. Children should not
have access to stored appliances.
Inspection and repairs
• Switch oﬀ the appliance before cleaning,
changing accessories or approaching
parts which move in use
• Before use, check the appliance for
damaged or defective parts. Check for
breakage of parts, damage to switches
and any other conditions that may a ect
• Do not use the appliance if any part is
damaged or defective.
• Do not use the appliance if the blade is
• Have any damaged or defective parts
repaired or replaced by an authorised
• Before use, check the power supply cord
for signs of damage, ageing and wear.
• Do not use the appliance if the power
supply cord or mains plug is damaged or
• If the power supply cord or mains plug is
damaged or defective it must be
repaired by an authorised repair agent in
order to avoid a hazard. Do not cut the
power supply cord and do not attempt to
repair it yourself.
• Never attempt to remove or replace any
parts other than those speciﬁed in this
Before use, check the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the rating
This appliance is double
insulated in accordance with
EN 60335-2-14; therefore no earth
wire is required.