User Manual Please read this manual before operating your device and keep it for future reference...
Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR BENEFITS.
Legal Information The online version of the Health/Safety and Warranty guide for your device can be found at: www.samsung.com. The online version of the End User Licensing Agreement for your device can be found at: www.samsung.com/us/Legal/EULA.
Section 2: Basics ..........25 Disclaimer of Warranties; Exclusion of Liability ..3 Viewing Mobile Device Connection and Battery Status .............25 Samsung Telecommunications America (STA), LLC ..............4 Using the Touch Screen ...........26 Legal Information ............5 Viewing the Home Screen ........27 Home Screen Panels ..........28...
About Gear Fit When you connect the Samsung Gear™ Fit to your mobile device, you can use the Gear™ Fit to view call logs or set alarms. You can use mobile devices more conveniently by connecting to various applications with the Gear™...
Note: Ensure that the strap is kept clean. Contact with contaminants, such as dust and dye, can cause stains on the strap that may not be fully removed. Button The Power Button turns the Gear™ Fit on or off, moves the Clock screen, locks the device on the Clock screen, and resets the device.
Maintaining water and dust resistance The device may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to the device and to maintain the water- and dust-resistant performance of the device. ● Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1 m and keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
Mounting the Device on the Strap Mount the Gear™ Fit on the provided strap. 1. Insert both ends of the Gear™ Fit into the mounting hole on the strap. ● First, insert one end of the Gear™ Fit into the mounting hole. Then, insert the other end of the device into the hole and pull the strap up at the same time.
2. Ensure that the Gear™ Fit is sitting securely in the mounting hole and that it is properly aligned with the strap. Section 1: Getting Started...
Removing the strap ► To remove the strap from the Gear™ Fit, lift the strap upwards and peel it away from the face of the device (as shown).
Charge the battery before using the Gear™ Fit for the first time. A computer can be also used to charge the Gear™ Fit by connecting it using the USB cable. Important! Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Note: When the battery power is low, the battery icon displays as empty.
1. Place the Gear™ Fit on the charging dock with the charging terminals facing each other. Charging dock Charging terminals...
2. Plug the small end of the charger cable into the multipurpose jack of the charging dock. <When disconnecting after charging> Note: Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the Gear™ Fit. Any damage caused by misuse is not covered by the warranty. ●...
● While charging, the Gear™ Fit may heat up. This is normal and should not affect the Gear™ Fit’s lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging. ● If the Gear™ Fit is not charging properly, take the Gear Fit and the charger to a Samsung Service Center.
About using battery ● Battery operating time is affected by device usage patterns and the condition of battery. ● The battery is a consumable item. Battery life can be reduced when multiple applications or features are running simultaneously. Battery life may be reduced even when the device is idle. ●...
Note: Follow all posted warnings and directions from authorized personnel in areas where the use of wireless devices is restricted, such as airplanes and hospitals. 2. Press and hold the Power button, and then tap Power off to turn off the Gear™ Fit.
● Do not use the Bluetooth feature for illegal purposes (for example, pirating copies of files or illegally tapping communications for commercial purposes). ● Samsung is not responsible for the repercussion of illegal use of the Bluetooth feature. Section 1: Getting Started...
1. Turn on the Gear™ Fit device. 2. From the Gear™ Fit, read the download information in the displayed window and tap The model details display. 3. From the Mobile device, down the Gear™ Fit Manager from Samsung Apps. You can also visit apps.samsung.com/gearfit to download the Gear™...
6. From the Mobile device, tap OK when the Bluetooth pairing request window displays. 7. From the Gear™ Fit, tap when the connection window displays. Note: The Install window displays on the Mobile device. The Install window may not display depending on the software version. Section 1: Getting Started...
8. From the Mobile device, read and agree to the terms and conditions, and follow the displayed instructions. The Gear™ Fit Manager displays on the mobile device. The Gear™ Fit Manager application guide opens. Tip: You can adjust the Gear™ Fit’s configuration in Gear™ Fit Manager.
9. From the Gear™ Fit device, select the dominant hand and tap When the devices are connected, the clock screen displays on the Gear Fit. Note: Connection methods and screenshots may vary depending on the type of device and the device’s software version.
Wearing the Gear Fit Open the clasp and fit the strap to your wrist with the pin. When measuring your heart rate, wear the device comfortably around your lower arm just above the wrist. Refer to ‘Wearing the Gear Fit’ for details. Note: Excessively bending the strap may damage the device.
Configure the Gear™ Fit for the wrist that you will wear it on. ● If wearing the Gear™ Fit on your left wrist, tap Settings → Display → Wrist worn on → Left. ● If wearing the Gear™ Fit on your right wrist, tap Settings → Display → Wrist worn on → Right. Note: If the power button is not facing your hand or the device is configured for the other hand, the screen does not properly display.
Section 2: Basics Viewing Mobile Device Connection and Battery Status ► Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Settings. The following icons provide information about the status of the Gear™ Fit. These icons display on the left side of the screen.
Using the Touch Screen ► Use only your fingers to touch the screen. Caution! Do not allow the touch screen to come into contact with other electrical devices. Electrostatic discharges can cause the touch screen to malfunction. To avoid damaging the touch screen, do not tap it with anything sharp or apply excessive pressure to it with your fingertips.
Flicking Flick left or right on the Home screen or the Apps screen to see another panel. Viewing the Home Screen When you connect your Gear™ Fit to the mobile device you can view the device’s Home screen. The Home screen displays the clock, shortcuts to applications, and other information.
Home Screen Panels Note: Available applications and the arrangement of applications may vary depending on the software version. Timer: Use the Gear™ Fit as a countdown timer. Panel 1 Stopwatch: Measure and record the amount of elapsed time. Sleep: Monitor your sleep patterns and record how much sleep you get. Section 2: Basics...
Pedometer: Set a goal and measure your step count. Exercise: Set exercise goals and measure the exercise you do and calories you Panel 2 burn. Heart Rate: Measure and record your heart rate. Panel 3 Clock: View the current date and time. Notifications: Stay up-to-date with a variety of events, such as new messages, emails, or missed calls, received on the connected mobile device.
Using Applications The Gear™ Fit can run a range of applications. 1. From the Home screen or the Apps screen, tap a shortcut or an application icon to open it. 2. Scroll left or right to view all the applications installed on the Gear™ Fit. Returning to the Previous Page ►...
Using Notifications Stay up-to-date with a variety of events, such as new messages, emails, or missed calls, received on the connected mobile device. Note: You can receive a maximum of 100 notifications on the Gear™ Fit. After the maximum number of notifications is reached the oldest notifications are removed first.
Checking notifications at a later time 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Notifications. 2. Select a notification type. 3. Select a notification to view the details. Notification details screen Section 2: Basics...
4. In the notification’s detailed view, scroll down to use additional features. View the message on the Reply to the message connected mobile device. using message templates. Delete the message. Return to the previous screen. Note: You can clear notifications, display the message on the mobile device, or reply to messages. 5.
Note: You can receive notifications on the Gear™ Fit for selected items. From the Gear Fit Manager, tap Notifications → GEAR NOTIFICATIONS or GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS, and then click on items to select them. ● If you set Notifications → Limit notifications on Gear Fit Manager, you are not able to view specific notifications on the Gear™...
Upgrading the Gear Fit You can upgrade the Gear™ Fit to the latest software. Visit the Samsung website to upgrade the Gear Fit’s software. Upgrading with Samsung Kies 1. Download the latest Samsung Kies from the Samsung website. 2. Launch Samsung Kies and connect the Gear™ Fit to the computer.
When the Gear Fit is connected properly, and the Gear™ Fit’s model name displays to the left of the Samsung Kies screen. Note: If the Gear™ Fit is connected to the mobile device, a notification displays on the mobile device that a Gear™...
Section 3: Gear Fit Manager Launching Gear Fit Manager This application allows you to connect to a mobile device and customise your Gear™ Fit’s settings and applications. Also, you can use it to access the connected mobile device’s features. ► From the connected mobile device’s Apps screen, tap Gear Fit Manager. Note: Some features may not be available depending on the type of connected mobile device.
Home Screen Styler Changes the Gear™ Fit Home screen settings. ► From the Gear™ Fit Manager screen, tap Home screen styler. Wallpapers Change the color of the Gear™ Fit Home screen. Or, set an image or photo stored in the mobile device as wallpaper for the Gear™...
S Health You can transfer S Health records saved on the Gear™ Fit to the connected mobile device. To set the time interval for sending files, on the Gear™ Fit Manager screen: 1. Tap next to S Health and tap Pedometer transfer interval. 2.
● GEAR NOTIFICATIONS: Set the items to notify on the Gear™ Fit if they are not checked on the connected mobile device. ● GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS: Set additional items to notify on the Gear™ Fit. Settings Use this application to configure the Gear™ Fit and set various options. ►...
Setting a wake-up gesture Set the Gear™ Fit to recognize your gesture to wake up the Gear™ Fit and display the clock or the last page you accessed when the screen turns off. 1. From the Settings screen, tap Wake-up gesture, and then drag the Wake-up gesture switch to the right. 2.
Managing text templates Create and manage text templates to easily reply to messages. 1. From the Settings screen, tap Quick responses. 2. Tap to create a text template. 3. Tap the message to edit the text template. Viewing the open source licence You can view open source licence information.
Section 4: Applications Health Management Applications Use the pedometer, sleep, exercise, and heart rate applications for leisure, well-being and fitness purposes. When the Gear™ Fit is synced with a compatible S Health application, you can use additional features. The additional features include, checking your physical condition, exercise records, and more. Note: Pedometer, Sleep, Exercise, and Heart Rate are intended for leisure, well-being and fitness purposes only and are not intended for medical use.
Wearing the Gear Fit Device When measuring your heart rate, wear the Gear™ Fit comfortably on your arm above your wrist as shown. <Rear> Heart rate sensor Important! Remove the protective plastic from the heart rate measurement sensor before taking measurements. ●...
● The heart rate figures may not be accurate depending on measurement conditions and surroundings. ● Take heart rate measurements when you are seated and relaxed. ● If heart rate measurements are taken at low temperatures, the result may be inaccurate. ●...
● If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the Gear™ Fit on your wrist. For example, move the Gear™ Fit right, left, up, or down on your wrist to adjust the position of the heart measurement sensor. Or, wear the Gear™ Fit with the heart rate sensor firmly against the inside of your wrist.
● The Sleep feature can record sleep cycles twice or more in one 24 hour period. In manual mode, all sleep time that is detected within the designated period is recorded as the total period of sleep. In automatic mode, the longest duration detected within the 24 hour period is recorded as the total period of sleep.
Recording sleep duration in auto mode 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen, and then tap Sleep. 2. Scroll left on the Sleep screen. 3. Tap Manual mode → Auto. 4. Tap Recording starts automatically. Note: You can check the automatically recorded sleep durations at 12:00 PM the next day. Section 4: Applications...
Using additional features ► Scroll left on the Sleep screen to use additional features. Sleep screen Set a recording duration when in auto mode. View previous records. Return to the previous screen. Change the recording mode.
Pedometer On the step count screen, start the pedometer to count your steps and view the distance walked and burned calories. Counting steps 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Pedometer. 2. Tap Start to start counting. You can view information, such as step count and calories, on the screen. Number of steps Return to the previous Pause the step count.
3. Tap Pause to stop counting. Using additional features ► Scroll left on the pedometer screen to use additional features: Pedometer screen Reset the number of steps. View previous records. Return to the previous screen. Change the goal.
Note: You may experience a brief delay while the pedometer monitors your steps and then displays your step count. Only records from the past thirty days are saved. You can view previous data on the mobile device where the S Health application is installed. Exercise Use this application to set diet and calorie goals and plan your exercise program.
● If you have just purchased or have reset the Gear™ Fit, read the displayed information about the application and create your profile. When creating a profile, you can automatically or manually register your maximum heart rate. ● The maximum heart rate is the fastest heart rate an individual can achieve through exercise. If you know your maximum heart rate, enter it manually.
Exercise duration Stop recording. Return to the previous screen. Distance Pace 4. Tap the screen, and then tap Stop → to stop monitoring your exercise information. Your exercise records display on the screen. 5. Scroll up or down to view the records. Section 4: Applications...
Using Additional Features Scroll left on the exercise screen to use additional features. Exercise screen Turn on/off the heart rate display or coaching message. View previous records. Return to the previous screen. Change the goal. Note: Only records from the past thirty days save. You can view previous data on the mobile device where the S Health application is installed.
Using the coaching feature while exercising in running mode Use the personalized coaching feature to exercise safely and effectively. You will receive realtime coaching advice that leads you through a safe and effective workout that keeps you fit. 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Exercise → Running. 2.
About Coaching The Firstbeat Coaching feature is available during any aerobic exercise, such as cycling, jogging, or running. When you use the Gear™ Fit during your workouts, the coaching feature measures your heart rate through the optical heart rate sensor. It automatically adapts to your heart rate and provide feedback, such as ‘a little faster’, ‘maintain speed’, or ‘slow down’.
Heart Rate Use this application to measure and record your current heart rate. ► Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Heart Rate. Note: Do not use the device’s heart rate measurement feature for clinical or medical diagnosis. For a more accurate heart rate measurement, measure your heart rate when your body is not moving.
Measuring heart rate 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Heart Rate. 2. Tap Start to begin measuring your heart rate. icon displays and blinks on the screen when heart rate measurement starts. The measurement will be taken by the device. Then, after a brief delay your current heart rate is displayed on the screen. Scroll left or right to view your previous heart rate records.
Viewing previous records 1. Scroll left on the heart rate measurement screen. Heart rate measurement screen 2. Tap History. 3. Scroll left or right to view your previous heart rate records. Previous record Note: You can save up to thirty records. You can view previous data on the mobile device where the S Health application is installed.
Media Controller Use this application to play and control media files. You can launch the music player on the connected mobile device and control playback with the Gear™ Fit. For other media files, start playback on the mobile device first. You can control playback of the currently-playing file from the Gear™...
Timer Use this application to use the Gear™ Fit as a countdown timer. 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Timer. 2. Set the duration, and tap 3. Drag outside the large circle when the timer goes off. Stopwatch Use this application to measure the amount of elapsed time.
Find My Device Use this application to find the connected mobile device. 1. Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Find My Device. 2. Tap The mobile device emits sounds, vibrates, and turns on the screen. Drag outside the large circle on the connected device, or tap on the Gear™...
Section 5: Settings Clock Change the clock type that displays on the Clock screen. 1. On the Home screen, tap Settings → Clock. 2. Scroll left or right on the screen to select a clock type. Wallpapers Change the color of the Home screen, or set an image or photo stored in the Gear™ Fit as wallpaper for the Home screen.
● Wake-up gesture: Set the Gear™ Fit to turn on and show a specified screen by using a gesture. Raise the hand that is wearing the Gear™ Fit and look at the Gear™ Fit’s screen for a few seconds. The screen turns on and a preset screen displays.
Privacy lock ► Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Settings → Privacy lock. ● PIN: Activate or deactivate the privacy lock feature by setting a PIN of at least four numbers. You can unlock the Gear™ Fit’s screen by entering the PIN when the mobile device and the Gear™ Fit are disconnected.
Section 6: Index Applications Device Find My Device 64 Using 30 Layout 4 Auto Lock 41 Mounting on Strap 9 Gear Fit Display About 3 Settings 65 Basics 25 Connecting to Mobile Device 19 Double Press Battery Info 67 Settings 66 Charging 12 Locking/Unlocking 24 Bluetooth...
Getting Started 3 Power Button 7 Previous Page Timer 63 Returning To 30 Touch Screen Health Management Privacy Lock 67 Using 26 Applications 44 Profile 66 Heart Rate 59 Measuring 60 Upgrading 35 Resistance Viewing Previous Records 61 Home Screen 27 Water and Dust 8 Wallpapers Panels 28...