User Manual Please read this manual before operating your device and keep it for future reference...
30 minutes. Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR BENEFITS.
Important legal information can be accessed at samsung.com. READ THIS INFORMATION BEFORE USING YOUR MOBILE DEVICE. Samsung Limited Warranty - This product is covered under the applicable Samsung Limited Warranty INCLUDING ITS DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE and your right to opt out of arbitration within 30 calendar days of the first consumer purchase.
Section 2: Basics ..........27 Disclaimer of Warranties; Exclusion of Liability ..3 Viewing mobile device connection status and battery status ..............27 Samsung Electronics America (SEA), Inc..... 4 Using the touch screen ..........28 Legal Information ............5 Finger gestures ............28 Section 1: Getting Started ......
When you connect the Samsung Gear™ 2 (also referred to as Gear) to your mobile device, you can use the Gear 2 to view call logs or set alarms. You can use mobile devices more conveniently by connecting to various applications with the Gear.
Device layout Gear 2 Infrared LED/Camera Power button Note: Make sure the Gear’s microphone is not obstructed when you are speaking into it while charging. Warning! Do not allow children or animals to chew or suck the device. Do not disassemble, modify, or repair your device.
Speaker Charging terminals Heart rate sensor Microphone ● Water may affect the touchscreen operation, ensure it is dry before use. ● Ensure that the strap is kept clean. Contact with contaminants, such as dust and dye, can cause stains on the strap that may not come out. ●...
Charging terminals USB port Power Button The Power Button turns the Gear 2 on or off, displays the Clock screen, locks the device on the Clock screen, and resets the device. 1. Press and hold the Power button to turn the Gear 2 on or off.
Maintaining water and dust resistance This device is rated IP67 using the Ingress Protection rating system. Your device has been tested in a controlled environment and shown to be water and dust resistant in certain circumstances (meets requirements of classification IP67 as described by the international standard IEC 60529 - Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures [IP Code];...
Note: When the battery power is low, the battery icon displays as empty. If the battery is completely discharged, you cannot immediately turn on the Gear 2 when the charger is connected. Allow a depleted battery to charge for a few minutes before turning on the device.
1. Locate the location of the charging terminals on the Gear 2 and the charging dock. Charging terminals Charging dock...
2. Place the Gear on the charging dock with the charging terminals facing each other. Section 1: Getting Started...
3. Plug the small end of the charger cable into the USB port of the charging dock. Then, plug the large end of the charger into an electric socket. Warning! Prevent the USB charger port and the small end of the charger from coming into contact with conductive materials, such as liquids, dust, metal powders, and pencil leads.
Gear 2. ● While charging, the Gear 2 may be warm. This is normal and should not affect the Gear’s lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the charger may stop charging.
● Unplug the charger when not in use to save energy. The charger does not have a power switch, so you must unplug the charger from the electric socket. About using batteries ● Battery operating time is affected by device usage patterns and the condition of the battery. ●...
Caution! Excessively bending the strap may damage the device. 2. Open the clasp and fit the strap to your wrist using the pin as a guide to size the band. Section 1: Getting Started...
3. Press the button to close the clasp. Tip: To measure your heart rate more accurately with the Gear, wear the Gear comfortably around your lower arm just above the wrist. Refer to ‘Wearing the Gear’ for details.
Replacing the strap The strap is held in place by small spring-loaded pins (called presto pins). Detach the strap from the Gear to replace it with a new one. 1. Press in on the pin to release it from the case. Section 1: Getting Started...
2. Lift the strap out to detach it from the Gear 2. 3. On the new strap, insert one side of the pin into the Gear 2 case.
4. Press in on the pin. Slip the band into the case and then release the pin to secure the band in place. Note: If you replace the strap on your Gear 2 with another strap not manufactured by Samsung, please use a strap with a standard 22mm spring bar pin, and refer to the manufacturer’s instructions to properly attach...
Turning the Gear on and off When you turn on the Gear 2 for the first time, follow the displayed instructions. The instructions describe how to connect the Gear 2 to a mobile device and to set it up. 1. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds to turn on the Gear 2.
Tips for using Bluetooth ● Place the devices close to each other when pairing your Gear 2 with another mobile device. ● The Bluetooth communication range is usually up to approximately 30 feet. ® ● Do not touch the Bluetooth antenna of a connected mobile device.
Connecting the Gear to a mobile device Install the Gear Manager on the mobile device and connect the Gear 2 to the device using a Bluetooth connection. Note: You cannot install Gear Manager on mobile devices that do not support Gear 2 synchronizing. Ensure that your mobile device is compatible with a Gear 2.
6. From the Mobile device, when the Bluetooth pairing request displays, tap OK. Section 1: Getting Started...
7. Tap OK when the Confirm passkey screen displays. The Install window displays on the Mobile device.
8. From the Mobile device, read and agree to the terms and conditions. When the devices connect, the Gear Manager displays on the mobile device and the clock screen displays on the Gear 2. The Gear Manager application guide displays.
When not in use, lock the Gear 2 to prevent unwanted operation. Pressing the Power button on the Clock screen turns off the screen and locks the Gear 2. The Gear automatically locks if it is inactive for a specified period.
Adjusting the volume You can adjust the volume level on the Gear 2. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings → Sound → Volume. 2. Select an item and adjust the level. Switching to silent mode Use one of the following methods to switch to Silent mode: ●...
Viewing mobile device connection status and battery status Scroll left or right on the Home screen and tap Settings. The following icons provide information about the status of the Gear 2 These icons display at the top of the screen. Icon...
To avoid damaging the touch screen, do not tap it with anything sharp or apply excessive pressure to it with your fingertips. Note: The Gear 2 may not recognize touch inputs close to the edges of the screen, which are outside of the touch input area.
Double-tap on an image to zoom in a part. Double-tap again to return. To check the current status of the Gear 2 and view the remaining battery power, double-tap anywhere on the screen with two fingers. You can also adjust the volume and the brightness of the display.
Flick you finger down from the top of the screen while using apps to returns to the previous page. Section 2: Basics...
Pinching Spread two fingers apart on an image to zoom in a part. Pinch to zoom out.
Viewing the Home screen When you connect your Gear 2 to the mobile device you can view the device’s Home screen. The Home screen displays the clock, shortcuts to applications, and other information. The Home screen has multiple panels. Scroll left or right to display additional panels.
WatchON Remote: Use the Gear 2 as a remote control for a TV or set-top box. S Voice: Command the Gear 2 by voice to perform various features. Panel 1 Music Player: Listen to music saved on the Gear 2.
Apps: Launch applications installed on the Gear 2. Camera: Take photos or videos and send them to the connected mobile device. Settings: Configure the Gear 2 by setting items, Panel 5 such as the clock background, display settings, and Bluetooth feature.
Using the Clock screen ► Press the Power button to display the Clock screen. Editing Home screen icons From the Home screen: ● Tap and hold an icon and drag it to the desired location to rearrange the location of icons. ●...
The Gear 2 can run a range of applications. 1. From the Home screen or the Apps screen, tap a shortcut or an application icon to open it. 2. Scroll left or right to view all the applications installed on the Gear 2. Opening recently-used applications ►...
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings → Privacy lock → Privacy lock → PIN. 2. Follow the displayed instructions to set a PIN with at least four numbers. Tip: If you set an unlock PIN, the Gear 2 automatically locks when it disconnects from the mobile device. Unlocking the Gear 2 1.
From the Home screen, tap Contacts → a contact → a phone number, or tap Logs → a contact → During a call You can select from the following actions: Adjusts the volume by tapping Disconnects your Gear 2 and continues the call on → the mobile device. Turns off the microphone so that the other party →...
Answering a call 1. Drag to the right to answer a call. If the call waiting service is active, you can make another call. 2. Press End or place the first call on hold to answer a second call. Rejecting a call Reject an incoming call and send a rejection message to the caller.
Checking notifications Checking notifications immediately When you receive a notification, information about the notification, such as type and the time it was received, displays on the screen. ► Tap the notification, when it displays, to view details. An example notifications for an email displays on the following image: Section 2: Basics...
Checking notifications at a later time 1. Tap Notifications on the Home screen. 2. Select a notification type.
3. Select a notification to view the details. Notification details screen 4. In the notification’s detailed view, tap to use additional features: ● Reply: Reply to the message using message templates, S Voice , or emoticons. ® ● Show on device: View the message on the connected mobile device. ●...
Gear 2 or result in data loss. Do not disconnect the Gear 2 from the computer while a media file stored in the Gear 2 is playing on the computer. Stop media playback on the computer and disconnect the Gear 2 and the computer.
Upgrading the Gear 2 The Gear can be upgraded to the latest software. Visit the Samsung website to upgrade the Gear 2 software. Upgrading with Gear Manager The Gear can be directly upgraded to the latest software by the firmware over-the-air (FOTA) service.
Do not connect other media devices to the computer while upgrading the Gear 2. Doing so may interfere with the update process. While upgrading the Gear 2, do not launch other applications on the computer or operate the Gear 2 to prevent overloading the computer.
Section 3: Gear Manager Launching Gear Manager This application allows you to connect to a mobile device and customize your Gear 2 settings and applications. Also, you can use it to access the connected mobile device’s features. ► From the connected mobile device’s Apps screen, tap Gear Manager.
► From the Gear Manager screen, tap Home screen styler. Wallpapers Change the color of the Gear 2 Home screen, or set an image or photo stored in the mobile device as wallpaper for the Gear 2 Home screen. 1. Tap Wallpapers on the Gear Manager screen.
● Limit notifications: Set notifications, such as calls or messages, not to alert using the Gear 2. ● Smart relay: Set your mobile device to instantly alert you to new notifications when you pick it up. At the same time the Gear 2 is notified of new messages or missed calls.
● INSTANT ALERTS FOR GEAR: Set the items to receive directly on the Gear 2. ● NOTIFICATIONS FOR GEAR: Set the items to notify on the Gear 2 if they are not checked on the connected mobile device. ● GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS: Set additional items to notify on the Gear 2.
Transferring photos, videos, and voice memos from the Gear 2 You can transfer files, such as photos, videos, and voice memo files, to mobile devices. To transfer photos and videos: 1. Tap next to Camera and tap Auto transfer → Manual → Transfer now.
1. Tap Find my Gear on the Gear Manager screen. 2. Tap Start. The Gear 2 screen turns on and the Gear 2 makes sounds and vibrates. Note: This feature is available only when the Gear 2 and the mobile device are connected.
2. Tap Select screen shown to select a preset screen to display when the screen turns on. 3. Raise the hand that is wearing the Gear 2 to wake up the device, and then look at the screen for a few seconds.
Select from contacts. You can create a new contact or select from the contacts list. Note: Some mobile devices do not support this feature. Setting security Set to allow or block the installation of applications from app markets other than Samsung Apps. ► From the Settings screen, tap Unknown sources.
Viewing the Gear Manager version ► View the Gear Manager version information from the Gear Manager version field. Help You can access information about using the Gear 2 and other useful applications. ► Tap Help on the Gear Manager screen. Section 3: Gear Manager...
Section 4: Applications S Voice Use this application to command the Gear 2 by voice to perform various features. 1. Read and agree to the terms and conditions for S Voice on the mobile device. 2. From the Gear 2 Home screen, tap S Voice.
Power button Use additional features. Adjust the volume. Change the channels. TV/External input Mute/Unmute Note: Ensure that the device’s infrared port is facing the device. 3. Scroll left on the remote-control screen to access the numeric keypad. Gallery Use this application to view images and videos. ►...
Viewing images ► Scroll left or right to view the next or previous image. Zooming in and out Use one of the following methods to zoom in while viewing an image: ● Double-tap anywhere to zoom in. ● Spread two fingers apart on any area to zoom in. ●...
Share to share them. select and then tap Weather Use this application to view weather information on the Gear 2 for the locations that are set on the connected mobile device. 1. From the Apps screen, tap Weather. 2. Tap the screen to view weather for the week.
Use the pedometer, sleep, exercise, and heart rate applications for leisure, well-being and fitness purposes. When the Gear 2 is synced with a compatible S Health application, you can use additional features. The additional features include, checking your physical condition, exercise records, and more.
Consulting with your doctor ahead of time is a good way to plan an exercise program that is right and safe for you. Wearing the Gear 2 Device When measuring your heart rate, wear the Gear 2 comfortably on your arm above your wrist as shown. <Rear> Heart rate sensor...
● If heart rate measurement is not working properly, adjust the position of the Gear 2 on your wrist. For example, move the Gear 2 right, left, up, or down on your wrist to adjust the position of the heart measurement sensor.
From the step count screen, start the pedometer to count your steps and view the distance walked as well as burned calories. ► Before using this application, if you have just purchased or have reset the Gear 2, read the displayed information about the application and tap OK.
Using additional features ► From the pedometer screen, tap to use these additional features: ● Tap History to view previous records. ● Tap Goal to set your goal. ● Tap Reset steps to reset the step count. ● Tap Share via to share your records with others. ●...
You can transfer the records to the connected mobile device. Before using this application: ● If you have just purchased or have reset the Gear 2, read the displayed information about the application and tap OK.
Recording sleep duration 1. Tap Sleep on the Home screen. 2. Tap Start. The sleep duration displays on the screen when sleep recording starts. 3. Tap Stop → OK to stop recording. Section 4: Applications...
Heart Rate Use this application to measure and record your current heart rate. ► If you have just purchased or reset the Gear 2, read the displayed information about the application and tap OK. Note: Do not use the device’s heart rate measurement feature for clinical or medical diagnosis.
Measuring heart rate 1. From the Home screen, tap Heart Rate. 2. Tap Start to begin measuring your heart rate. icon displays and blinks on the screen when heart rate measurement starts. The device takes the measurement, then, after a brief delay your heart rate displays on the screen. Section 4: Applications...
OK. Note: The connected mobile device’s GPS feature is used to check information, such as altitude and speed, when you are cycling or hiking. Ensure that the Gear 2 and the mobile device are connected while using this feature.
● It is best to use the device indoors. ● Cover the Gear 2 with your sleeves before using it, if you use the device outside in cold weather. ● Measure your heart rate before you start to exercise. Heart rate measurements may be inaccurate If you measure your heart rate during exercise.
Monitoring exercise information 1. From the Home screen, tap Exercise. 2. Select a type of exercise to monitor. Select Running, Walking, Cycling, or Hiking. 3. Tap Start to start monitoring. You can view information, such as exercise time and distance on the screen. Scroll left on the screen to view more information, such as burned calories and speed.
Using additional features ► From the exercise screen, tap to use additional features: ● Tap History to view the exercise records. ● Tap Help to view help information. ● While monitoring your exercise information, tap to use additional features. Note: Some features may not be available depending on the selected exercise type. ●...
Important! The Gear 2 measures your heart rate with the heart rate measurement sensor. This feature may not work properly if the heart rate sensor is exposed to excessive sweat or its position is changed during exercise.
Setting training levels 1. From the running screen, tap → Coaching → Training effect to set the exercise intensity. Follow the displayed instructions and complete the exercises. Stop exercising when you achieve the required intensity. ● Use the training levels to check the intensity of your workout. When you set a training level, you can monitor your exercise rate and the number of calories you burned.
5. Flick your finger down from the top of the screen to return to the running screen. The setup completes. 6. Tap Start. The heart rate measurement starts. Start running when the measurement is completed. You can view information, such as burned calories and speed, on the screen. 7.
Messages Use this application to view the messages received on the connected mobile device, call or reply to the sender using the Gear. ► Tap Messages on the Apps screen. Making a call To make a call the sender: ► Scroll right on the message in the list, or tap →...
Use this application to listen to music saved on the Gear 2. ► From the Home screen, tap Music Player. Before using this application: ► If you have just purchased or have reset the Gear 2, read the displayed information about the application and tap OK. Pairing with Bluetooth headsets 1.
Listening to music ► Tap to play music. Display the list of files. Set Adjust the volume or listen to random play and repeat options. music on a Bluetooth headset. Restart the currently-playing file Skip to the next file. Tap and or skip to the previous file.
Use this application to play and control media files. You can launch the music player on the connected mobile device and control playback with the Gear 2. For other media files, start playback on the mobile device first. You can control playback of the currently-playing file from the Gear.
Tip: You can make a call or send a message to a contact by scrolling left or right on a contact entry. Voice Memo Use this application to record voice memos. The voice memos recorded on the Gear 2 are automatically transferred to the connected mobile device.
Recording voice memos 1. Tap to start recording. 2. Speak into the microphone at the bottom right of the Gear 2. 3. Tap to pause recording. 4. Tap to finish recording. 5. Tap to cancel the recording. Display the list of voice memos.
, and select a voice memo to play. If spoken content is recorded and then converted to a data file, displays next to the filename. Note: The Gear 2 displays the content as text on the screen during playback. ● Adjusts the volume levels. Tap to adjust the volume.
Filter by to select the logs to display. Camera Use this application to take photos or videos. The Gear 2 can save up to 50 photos and 9 videos. Use Gallery to view photos and videos taken with the Gear 2 camera.
● If your Gear 2 saved 50 photos or 9 videos, you cannot take more photos or videos. Access Gallery and delete files or transfer files to the connected mobile device. After you transferred files to the mobile device and take more photos or videos, your Gear 2 deletes some files that are transferred to free memory.
2. Scroll down from the top of the screen to return to the camera screen and then tap the screen to take a photo. The Gear 2 records 9 seconds of audio after taking the photo. 3. Tap the screen again to stop recording sound.
● Sound & shot: Use this to take a photo with sound. ● Signature: Set the Gear 2 to add a signature to photos. ● Location tags: Attach a GPS location tag to the photo.
Timer Use this application to use the Gear 2 as a countdown timer. 1. From the Apps screen, tap Timer. 2. Set the duration, and tap Start. 3. Drag outside the large circle when the timer goes off. Section 4: Applications...
2. Scroll left or right on the screen to select a clock type. Wallpapers Change the color of the Home screen, or set an image or photo stored in the Gear 2 as wallpaper for the Home screen. ► On the Home screen, tap Settings → Wallpapers.
● Sound mode: Select the Gear 2 sound mode from sound, vibration, and mute. ● Touch sounds: Set the Gear 2 to make a sound when applications or options are selected on the touch screen. ● Ringtones: Select a ringtone to alert you to incoming calls.
Gear 2. The language settings can only be changed on the connected mobile device. ● Wake-up gesture: Set the Gear 2 to turn on and show a specified screen by using a gesture. Raise the hand that is wearing the Gear 2 and look at the Gear 2 screen for a few seconds. The screen turns on and a preset screen displays.
Tip: When connecting the Gear 2 to another mobile device If you want to connect the Gear 2 to a newly purchased mobile device or to another mobile device for the first time, reset the Gear 2. Resetting the Gear 2 removes the data from the memory. After the reset, you can connect the Gear 2 to a different mobile device.
Gear 2 to a computer using a USB cable. Important! Some content may differ from your Gear 2 depending on the region, service provider, or software version, and is subject to change without prior notice.