Maintaining water and dust resistance
The device may be damaged if water or dust enters the device. Follow these tips carefully to prevent damage to
the device and to maintain the water- and dust-resistant performance of the device.
● Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1 m and keep it submerged for more than 30
● Do not expose the device to water at high pressure, such as ocean waves or a waterfall.
● If the device or your hands are wet, dry them thoroughly before handling the device.
● Do not expose the device to salt water, ionized water, or soapy water.
● If the device is dropped or receives an impact, the water and dust resistant features of the device may
● If the device gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
● The touch screen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other
● Your device has been tested in a controlled environment and shown to be water and dust resistant in
certain circumstances (meets requirements of classification IP67 as described by the international
standard IEC 60529 - Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures [IP Code]; test conditions:
15 - 35 °C, 86 - 106 kPa, 1 meter, for 30 minutes). Despite this classification, your device is not
impervious to water damage in any situation.
Section 1: Getting Started