Model No. WESY85290 Serial No. Write the serial number in the space above for reference. Serial Number Decal QUESTIONS? As a manufacturer, we are com- mitted to complete customer sat- isfaction. If you have questions, or if there are missing/damaged...
Remove the EXPLODED DRAWING/PART LIST and the PART IDENTIFICATION CHART before beginning assembly. WEIDER is a registered trademark of ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. Limited Warranty ICON Health & Fitness, Inc. (ICON), warrants this product to be free from defects in workmanship and mate- rial, under normal use and service conditions, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase.
Important Precautions WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious injury, read the following important precautions before using the home gym system. 1. It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that all users of the home gym system are adequately informed of all precautions.
Time (excluding holidays). To help us assist you, please note the product model number and serial number before calling. The model number is WESY85290. The serial number can be found on a decal attached to the WEIDER cover of this manual).
Assembly Before beginning assembly, carefully read the following information and instructions: ¥ Place all parts of the home gym system in a cleared area and remove the packing materials; do not dispose of the packing materials until assembly is completed. ¥...
2. Slide the Front Upright (42) onto the 5/16Ó x 2 1/2Ó Carriage Bolts (1) in the Base (4). Hand tighten a 5/16Ó Nylon Locknut (3) onto each Carriage Bolt. Do not tighten the Nylon Locknuts yet. 3. Press a 2Ó Square Inner Cap (27) into the open end of the Top Frame (55).
5. Press the Weight Tube Bumper (64) into the end of the Weight Tube (63). Insert the Weight Tube into the stack of Weights (25). Be sure that the pins on the Weight Tube are resting in the pin grooves in the upper Weight.
8. Press a 1 3/4Ó Square Inner Cap (44) into the top of a Press Arm (46). Wet the handle on the Press Arm with soapy water. Slide a Handgrip (31) onto the handle. Press a 1Ó Round Inner Cap (49) into the other end of the handle.
11. Press a 1 3/4Ó Square Inner Cap (44) into the Seat Frame (36). Attach a Bumper (73) to the Seat Frame with a 1/2Ó Tap Screw (65). Slide the Seat Frame (36) onto the 5/16Ó x 2 1/2Ó Carriage Bolts (1) in the Base (4). See the inset drawing.
14. During steps 15 through 29, refer to the CABLE DIAGRAM on page 19 of this manual to verify proper cable routing. Before begin- ning this section, identify the Long Cable (23) and the Short Cable (58) by comparing the lengths of the cables.
18. Route the Long Cable (23) around the ÒVÓ- Pulley (6) on the Right Arm (48). Be sure that the Cable is in the groove of the ÒVÓ- Pulley and that the Long Cable Trap (50) is turned to hold the Cable in place. Tighten the 3/8Ó...
22. Locate the Short Cable (58). Route the Short Cable under the 3 1/2Ó Low Pulley (77). Be sure that the end of the Cable with the ball is on the indicated side of the Pulley and that the Cable is between the Pulley and the welded spacer on the Leg Lever (29).
26. Note: The 3 1/2Ó Pulley (15) labeled in this step is pre-attached. It is shown removed for easy part identification. Route the Short Cable (58) around the 3 1/2Ó Pulley (15) attached to the upper hole in the Press Frame (17). Be sure that the Cable is routed around the Pulley as shown.
29. Attach the Long Cable (23) to the Small ÒUÓ- Bracket (67) with a 1/4Ó Nylon Locknut (2) and a 1/4Ó Flat Washer (10). Do not com- pletely tighten the Nylon Locknut. It should be threaded onto the end of the Cable only a couple of turns, as shown in the inset drawing.
32. Press a 1 3/4Ó Square Inner Cap (44) into the Press Adjustment Tube (79). Align one set of holes in the Press Adjustment Tube (79) with the holes in the Rocker Arm (32). Insert the ÒLÓ-Pin (40) through the holes. Be sure that the Press Adjustment Tube is oriented as shown.
Adjustment The instructions below describe how each part of the home gym system can be adjusted. Refer to the exercise poster accompanying this manual to see how the home gym system should be set up for each exercise. IMPORTANT: When attaching the lat bar or nylon strap, make sure that the attachments are in the cor- rect starting position for the exercise to be performed.
ADJUSTING AND REMOVING THE LEG PRESS PLATE AND ADJUSTMENT TUBE To adjust the position of the Leg Press Plate (78), remove the ÒLÓ-Pin (40) from the Press Adjustment Tube (79) and the Rocker Arm (32). Align a different set of holes in the Press Adjustment Tube with the set of holes in the Rocker Arm.
Trouble-shooting and Maintenance Inspect and tighten all parts each time you use the home gym system. Replace any worn parts immediately. The home gym system can be cleaned using a damp cloth and mild non-abrasive detergent. Do not use solvents. TIGHTENING THE CABLES Woven cable, the type of cable used on the home gym system, can stretch slightly when it is first used.
Cable Diagram The cable diagram below shows the proper routing of the Short Cable (58) and the Long Cable (23). Use the diagram to be sure that the two cables and the cable traps have been assembled correctly. If the cables have not been correctly routed, the home gym system will not function properly and damage may occur.
Friday, 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mountain Time (excluding holidays). To help us assist you, please be pre- pared to give the following information: 1. The MODEL NUMBER of the product (WESY85290). 2. The NAME of the product (WEIDER ¨...