Cleaning and Care
• Before cleaning the indoor unit, be sure to turn it off and all the power supply has been disconnected.
• Before starting operation, make sure that the intake grille has been shut completely. Incomplete closing of the intake grille might have an effect
on the proper working or performance of the air conditioner.
• Do not touch the aluminum ﬁ ns of heat exchanger built-in the indoor unit to avoid personal injury when you maintain the unit.
• Do not expose the indoor unit to liquid insecticides or hair sprays.
• Do not stand on slippery, uneven or unstable surfaces when you maintain the unit.
When cleaning the indoor unit body, mind the following:
• Do not use water hotter than 104 °F (40 °C).
• Do not use scouring cleanser, volatile solvents such as benzene or thinner.
• Wipe the unit gently by using soft cloth.
Cleaning the intake grille
Open the intake grille in direction of the arrow a. While gently
pressing the left and right mounting shafts of the intake grille
outward b, remove the intake grille in direction of the arrow c.
Wash the intake grille gently with water or wipe it gently with a soft
cloth moisten with warm water.
Then wipe it with a dry and soft cloth.
While holding the grille horizontal, set the left and right mounting
shafts into the pillow blocks at the top of the panel a. To latch each
shaft properly, insert the shaft until it snaps.
Then close the intake grille b.
Press 4 places on the intake grille to close it completely.