Remote Controller Overview and Operations
• To prevent malfunction or damage of the remote controller:
- Place remote controller at where will not be exposed to direct sunlight or excessive heat.
- Remove batteries if the product is not going to be used for an extended period.
- Exhausted batteries must be removed immediately, and be disposed according to the local laws and regulations of your region.
• If leaking battery ﬂ uid comes in contact with your skin, eyes, or mouth, immediately rinse with plenty of clean water, and consult your physician.
• Obstacles such as a curtain or wall between the remote controller and the indoor unit may affect the appropriate signal transmission.
• Do not apply strong shocks to the remote controller.
• Do not pour water on the remote controller.
• Do not attempt to recharge dry batteries.
Press CLOCK ADJUST button to start clock setting.
Set the day of the week by pressing SELECT button (Monday to
Sunday). *By pressing the TEMP. () buttons, the time indicator
can be changed from a 24-hour to a 12-hour clock.
Press NEXT button to continue.
Set the time by pressing SELECT button.
Pressing or changes the value by the minute.
Pressing down on or changes the value by 10 minutes.
You can quickly start operation with the following 3 steps:
Switches operation mode in following order.
Notes in HEAT mode:
• At the beginning of the operation, the indoor unit operates at very
low fan speed for about 3–5 minutes for preparation, then switches
to the selected fan speed.
• Automatic defrosting operation overrides the heating operation when
Battery (R03/LR03/AAA × 2) loading and remote controller preparation
To complete, press the SEND button close to the indoor unit.
Settings may not be properly sent if pressed from a distance.
• Use speciﬁ ed type of batteries only.
• Do not mix different types or new and used batteries together.
• Batteries can be used about 1 year in ordinary use.
• If the remote control range noticeably shortens, replace the batter-
ies, and press RESET button as shown in page 4.
TEMP. (temperature) buttons
Sets the desired temperature.
In COOL or DRY mode, the temperature needs to be set lower than
the current room temperature. In HEAT mode, the temperature needs
to be set higher than the current room temperature.
Otherwise, corresponding operation mode may not start.
Temperature setting range
Notes: Temperature control is not available in FAN mode.
To change the temperature unit.
1. Press the TEMP. (Up) button () for at least 5 seconds to display
the current temperature unit. (Factory setting: °F)
2. Press the TEMP. buttons (/) to switch the temperature unit.
(°F ↔ °C)
3. With either of pressing the START/STOP button or no additional
button operation for 30 seconds in step 2., the temperature unit
currently selected will be set.
AIR CONDITIONER Wall Mounted Type
64-88°F (18–30 °C)
60-88°F (16–30 °C)