Download  Print this page

Safety Instructions - Kenmore 580.54351 Owner's Manual

35 pint
Hide thumbs

Advertisement

A
IMPORTANT
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock or injury when using your dehumidifier, the following
safety precautions must be followed:
• Do not place the power
cord near a heater.
It may cause fire and electric shock.
• Do not use the power
cord
near flammable
gas
or combustibles
such
as gasoline,
benzene,
thinner,
etc.
It may cause explosion
or fire.
• Do not disassemble
or modify
products.
It may cause electric shock and failure.
• Plug in the power
cord
properly.
Otherwise,
it may cause electric shock or fire.
• Do not operate
or stop
the unit
by inserting
or
pulling
out the power
plug.
It may cause electric shock or fire.
• Do not damage
the power
cord
or use an
unspecified
power
cord.
It may cause electric shock or fire.
• Do not modify
power
cord
length.
It may cause electric shock or fire.
• Do not share
the outlet
with
other
appliances.
It may cause electric shock or fire.
• Always
plug
into a grounded
outlet.
Not grounding unit may cause electric shock.
• Unplug
the unit
if strange
sounds,
odors,
or
smoke
come
from
it.
Unplugging
the unit may avoid electric shock or fire
hazard.
• Do not use the socket
if it is loose
or damaged.
It may cause fire and electric
shock.
• Do not operate
with
wet hands
or in damp
environment.
It may cause electric shock.
• Ventilate
before
operating
defumidifier
when
gas goes
out.
It may cause explosion,
fire, and burn.
• Do not clean
the dehumidifier
with
water.
Water may enter the unit and degrade the insulation.
It
may cause an electric shock.
• Unplug
unit
before
cleaning
the unit.
Since the fan rotates at high speed during operation, it
may cause injury.
• If water
enters
the product,
turn
off the
dehumidifier's
power
switch,
then
unplug
the
unit.
Contact
service
for repair.
It wilI cause machine failure or electric shock.
• Do not block
the inlet
or outlet.
It may cause failure of appliance or performance
deterioration.
• Hold the plug
by the head when
taking
it out.
Otherwise,
it may cause electric shock and damage.
• Turn
off the main
power
switch
when
not using
the dehumidifier
for a long
time.
Turning off the unit will save on energy costs.
• Make
sure
the dehumidifier
is the correct
size
for the area you
want
to dehumidify.
It is not designed to dehumidify
the entire house.
• Install
the dehumidifier
properly
only
on a floor.
For proper operation, your dehumidifier
should be
installed only on a floor.
• Close
all doors,
windows
and other
outside
openings
to the room.
The dehumidifier
must be operated
in an enciosed area
to be most effective.
• When
removing
the filter be aware
that some
metal
parts
may have
sharp
edges.
Sharp edges may cause injury.
• Use a soft
cloth
to clean.
Do not use wax,
thinner,
or a strong
detergent.
The appearance
of the dehumidifier
may deteriorate,
change color, or develop surface flaws.
• Be sure
to replace
the bucket
properly
after
emptying
to prevent
water
from
collecting
on
the floor.
Otherwise,
it will cause property damage.
• May not operate
if the room
temperature
is
below
65°F(18°C).
Low temperatures
could cause coils to frost.
• Do not put a pet or house
plant
where
it will be
exposed
to direct
air flow.
This could injure the pet or plant,
• Do not use the water
collected
in the bucket
for
drinking
purposes.
It is not sanitary and could cause illness or personal
injury.
• Insert
the filter
securely.
Clean
it every
two
weeks.
Operation without filters will cause unit failure.
• Do not allow
children
to play with this
product.
-3-

Advertisement

Table of Contents
loading

  Related Manuals for Kenmore 580.54351