Memory Cards of the type CF I, CF II, SD, MS, MSPro, MMC and SM. You can connect to the Silvercrest KH 6517/ KH 6518 DVD player for image outputs during playback of DVDs, VCDs, S-VCDs, Audio CDs and the MP3 data formats, Windows Media Audio and JPEG •...
Place the DVD player on a flat, even and firm base. Attention! Do not plug the DVD player into an electrical outlet at this time. Wait until you have connected the DVD player to a television set. In the event that you wish to change the type of video or audio connection...
8. Connecting the DVD Player to a television After setting up the DVD player, you can now connect it to a television. The DVD player can be connected to televisions which operate with the PAL and NTSC standards.
8.1 Connecting to a television via ScartCable/RGB Note: Connecting the DVD player to a television with a Scart cable via the RGB input offers a high quality connection. Select this connection variation in the case of televisions equipped with an RGB input. If you are not sure if the television is equipped with an RGB input then you can check this by consulting the television's instruction manual.
• an YUV cable (not supplied) These can be obtained from your dealer. On the rear panel of the DVD player you will find the three so called "Com- ponent Colour Out" sockets Y, Pb/Cb and Pr/Cr. Connecting the DVD player via component signal: PB/CB •...
DVD player. If you connected the DVD player to the television via a Scart cable the Audio signal will be transmitted via the cinch cable to your HiFi system as well as via the Scart cable to the television.
• To switch on the DVD player press the the DVD player. If the DVD player is already switched on but is in stand- by mode, press the button DVD player on. Standby mode is indicated by the green LED on the front panel of the device.
(4:3 or 16:9). The correct setting depends on the television to which you would like to connect the DVD player. Here you can match the vertical and horizontal image display to the playback device in use. The following can...
In the event that you set an incorrect Video output, for example "P-Scan", although your television is not capable of Progressive Scan, then the tele- vision screen will suddenly become black. This is not a defect of the television or the DVD player! STOP In this case press the button on the front panel of the DVD player or on the remote control.
In the event that you forget your new password you can use the factory preset password (8888). 10.6 Misc settings In this menu you can reset the DVD player to the factory default settings and set the playback priority of DVDs. Default...
DVD player is connected correctly to the television you will now see the Silvercrest logo on the TV screen If no disc is inserted into the DVD player's disc tray: No disc is displayed on the television screen. •...
• During playback press the " " will appear in the display on the front panel of the DVD player and "Pause" will be displayed on the television screen. On the television screen you will see a freeze frame of the scene that has just been halted.
• to playback the films bonus material (Background information, "Making of" etc.) If such a menu is present on the DVD inserted in the DVD player you can ac- MENU cess it during playback by pressing the button on the remote control.
• Press the control button to select the – – – marked input field Chapter. Enter the desired chapter with the number buttons • Press the control button to select the – – : – – : – – marked input field Time.
Superimpose/fade out subtitles Note: This function may not be available on all DVDs! If you attempt to execute a function that is not available, the symbol vision screen. If the film on the inserted DVD/VCD/S-VCD has subtitles available you can superimpose these on the television screen during playback by pressing the SUBTITLE button on the remote control.
Within the programmed chapter you can skip to the start of the next and/or previous chapter by pressing the WARDS (-) buttons on the front panel of the DVD player or on the remote control. • To cancel the programmed playback press the front panel of the DVD player or on the remote control twice during playback.
Switching off the DVD player To switch off the DVD player: • In the event that a disc inserted into the DVD player is playing back, first cancel playback by pressing the button on the remote DVD player or on the remote control twice.
13. Playback of JPEG-Photo CD/WMA/MP3/MPEG4 Insert a storage medium into the DVD player. If you are using a memory card DVD/CARD/USB or USB memory stick press the button. With the control buttons select the desired medium and confirm your selection by pressing the button.
No screen effect. 14. CD Ripping function With the DVD player you can transfer music and speech data in the format .cda (CD Audio) or from a disc onto a USB memory stick or a memory card. With this the data will be saved to the data carrier in MP3 format.
This can be the case especially if the DVD player has been subjected to strong temperature fluctuations. If this is the case place the DVD player in a dry environment at normal room temperature. First remove the currently inserted disc from the disc tray. Then leave the DVD player switched off for at least one hour without using until the condensation film has evaporated.
Check by means of the televisions operating instructions to see if settings to the television may be necessary in order to use the DVD player with the television. Check by means of the operating instructions for a potential connected audio component if settings to it are necessary in order to use it with the DVD player.
The warranty is void in the case of abusive and improper handling, use of force and internal tampering not carried out by our authorized service branch. Your statutory warranty claims are not restricted by this warranty. 20. Importer KOMPERNASS GMBH BURGSTRASSE 21 D-44867 BOCHUM www.kompernass.com...