Translations of this manual, including all appropriate warnings and cautions, can be found at
• Read all installation instructions and site survey reports, and verify correct equipment installation before
connecting the system to its power source.
• Remove jewelry and watches before installing this equipment.
• Install the equipment in a rack with adequate dimensions and weight allowances.
• Verify the unit is grounded before connecting it to the power source.
• Verify any device connected to this unit is properly wired and grounded.
• Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical circuit.
• Verify the electrical circuits have appropriate overload protection.
• There is a risk of explosion if the battery supplied with this product is replaced with an incorrect type of
battery. Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
• Motorola strongly recommends the use of an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that supports the
NX-4500/NX6500 series platform power rating. Not using a UPS can result in data loss or equipment
damage due to a power surge or power failure.
• Verify that the power connector and socket are accessible at all times during the operation of the
• Do not work with power circuits in dimly lit spaces.
• Do not install this equipment or work with its power circuits during thunderstorms or other weather
conditions that could cause a power surge.
• Verify there is adequate ventilation around the device, and ambient temperatures meet equipment
• This product is designed for in building installation only and is not intended to be connected to exposed
(outside plant) networks.
1.4 Site Preparation
• Consult your site survey and network analysis reports to determine specific equipment placement, port
capacity, power drops, and so on.
• Assign installation responsibility to the appropriate personnel.
• Identify where all installed components are located.
• Verify appropriate rack mounting requirements, as required.
Indicates a condition or procedure that could result in personal injury or equipment
NX-4500/NX-6500 Series Intregrated Services Platform