4 Basic Configuration
Motorola Solutions NX series integrated services platforms running WiNG 5 contain an initial settings wizard to
streamline the process of getting the device on the network for the first time. Once the device is installed and
powered on, complete the following steps to get the device up and running and access management functions:
1. Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to a port on the front of the services platform and connect the other
end to a computer with a working Web browser.
Set the computer to use an IP address between 192.168.0.10 and 192.168.0.250 on the connected port.
Set a subnet/network mask of 255.255.255.0.
2. Once the computer has an IP address, point the Web browser to: https://192.168.0.1/. The following login
3. Enter the default username admin in the Username field.
4. Enter the default password motorola in the Password field.
5. Click the Login to load the management interface.
When logging in for the first time, you're prompted to change the password to
enhance device security in subsequent logins.
If you get disconnected when running the wizard, you can connect again with the
Access Point's actual IP address (once obtained) and resume the wizard.
NX-4500/NX-6500 Series Intregrated Services Platform