......... Number of items
The use of any accessories except for those provided might result
in damage to the unit. Make sure only to use the accessories
shipped with the unit, as shown above.
1. To prevent a short circuit, remove the key from the ignition and
disconnect the - battery.
2. Make the proper input and output wire connections for each unit.
3. Connect the wiring harness wires in the following order: ground,
4. Install the unit in your car.
5. Reconnect the - battery.
6. Press the reset button.
When drilling a hole in the car chassis to install the unit, check
first that nothing is on the other side.
• If the fuse blows, first make sure the wires aren't touching to
cause a short circuit, then replace the old fuse with one with the
• Do not let unconnected wires or terminals touch metal on the car
or anything else conducting electricity. To prevent a short circuit,
do not remove the caps on the ends of the unconnected wires or
• After the unit is installed, check whether the brake lamps, blinkers,
wipers, etc. on the car are working properly.
• Insulate unconnected wires with vinyl tape or other similar
• Some disc changers need conversion cords for connection. See
the section on "Safety Precautions" for details.
— 11 —