PREPARING FOR OPERATION
1. Plug the power cord in properly to a standard 3-slot grounding wall power outlet.
2. Do not plug any other appliance into the same wall receptacle as this unit.
3. Do not use an extension cord.
4. Do not start/stop operation by plugging/unplugging
the power cord.
5. If the cord/plug is damaged, only replace it with an authorized replacement part.
1. Being exposed to direct airflow for an extended period of time could be hazardous to your
health. Do not expose occupants, pets, or plants to direct airflow for extended periods of time.
2. Ventilate the room when the dehumidifier is used with other heating devices.
Otherwise the oxygen supply may be inadequate.
3. Do not use this dehumidifier for non-specified special purposes (e.g. preserving precision
devices, food, pets, plants, and art objects). Such usage could damage the items.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
1. Do not touch the metal parts of the unit when removing the filter. Injuries can occur when
handling sharp metal edges.
2. Do not use water to clean inside the dehumidifier.
Exposure to water can destroy the
insulation, leading to possible electric shock.
3. When cleaning the unit, first make sure that the power and breaker are turned off. The fan
rotates at a very high speed during operation. There is a possibility of injury if the unit's
power is accidently turned on while the interior of the unit is being cleaned.
For repair and maintenance, contact your Sears Parts & Repair Center.