MODELS MultiSync V520 MultiSync V521 MultiSync MV521 Diamond Scan 51 COLOR MONITOR (Model No. N0501 Series) SERVICE MANUAL Better Service Better Reputation Better Profit /MITSUBISHI NEC-MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC VISUAL SYSTEMS...
W A R N I N G The SERVICE PERSONNEL should have the appropriate technical training knowledge and experience necessary to : Be familiar with specialized test equipment, and Be careful to follow all safety procedures associated with high voltage CRT circuit designs to minimize danger to themselves and their coworkers.
TROUBLE SHOOTING ....................... 31 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION ....................39 REPLACEMENT PARTS LIST .................... 74 1) MultiSync V520 Parts List ..................74 2) MultiSync V521 Different List ..................94 3) MultiSync MV521 Different List .................. 96 4) Diamand Scan Different List ..................98 BLOCK DIAGRAMS ......................
1 Precautions Follow these safety and servicing precautions to prevent damage and to protect against potential hazards such as electrical shock and X-rays. 1.1 Safety Precautions 1-1-1 Warnings 1. For safety purpose, do not attempt to modify the circuit board, and always disconnect the AC power before performing servicing on the monitor.
c) Reverse the AC plug at the AC outlet and repeat the steps for AC voltage measurements for each exposed metal part. d) Voltage reading must not exceed 0.3 volts RMS, equivalent to 0.2 milliampere AC. Any value ex- ceeding this limits ill constitute a potential shock hazard and must be corrected immediately 1-1-3 Product Safety Notices Many electrical and mechanical parts in this chassis have special safety-related characteristics which are often not evident from visual inspection.
POWER SWITCH: Push/push to turn the monitor on and off. Power input: To connect with the power cord. Signal input with the captive cable: To connect with personal computers’ analogue RGB output. MultiSync V520 ...
OSD OPERATION „P „P „P „P „P FUNCTION VALUE ADJUSTMENT If OSD off, press UP key to increase Contrast value, press DOWN key to decrease Contrast value. press SELECT key to display OSD and Brightness icon is active (Fig. 1) Fig.
2. Color Temperature Select If selected icon is 9300/7500/6500/user color icon, press SELECT key to select Color Temperature for 9300, 7500, 6500 or user defined (Fig 4 – 7). Fig. 4 Fig. 5 Fig. 6 Fig. 7 3. OSD Color Select If OSD icon is selected, press SELECT key to change OSD color, there are three kinds of OSD color can be selected (Fig.
4. SYNC OSD Display If EXIT icon is selected, press SELECT key to close OSD menu and then display sync information for 2 sec. This sync information will not be close until release SELECT key (Fig. 11). Fig. 11 5. Factory mode Press SELECT key + UP key and power on, system enter factory mode.
Function explanation Brightness: Adjusts the overall image and background screen brightness. Contrast: Adjusts the image brightness in relation to the background. (Contrast control is also effective with “-, +” button even through OSM window is not existing.) Red Color Control: Adjust the red contrast of the display. Green Color Control: Adjust the green contrast of the display.
Degauss: Select the degauss icon on “Icon select window” and push “SELECT” button. It will eliminate the stray magnetic field and correct the scan the electron beam, and will affect the purity, focus, convergence. Caution: Allow a minimum interval of 20 minutes to elapse between uses of the degauss function.
SERIAL NUMBER INFORMATION Refer to the serial number information shown below. Ex.) SERIAL NUMBER LABEL MODEL N0501 ∗∗∗∗∗∗∗∗∗ SERIAL No. Y 0 0 0 Manufactured Year : ( Last digit ) Manufactured Month : January to September 1 to 9 00001 ~ on ward October (Start from 00001 ~ when...
DISASSEMBLY Tilt / swivel base fixing, removing Fixing This product consists of the MultiSync monitor and the tilt / swivel base. When fixing the tilt / swivel base to the MultiSync monitor, please follow the steps below. • Push the six hooks of the tilt / swivel base into the six holes at the bottom of the MultiSync monitor.
Cabinet Back 1.Turn the monitor CRT face down on a clean static Cabinet Back free surface to prevent scratching CRT face. 2.Remove the screw “b”. 3.Raise the signal cable vicinity of a cabinet back and lightly hit part (figure 1 reference) of a top of the cabinet back and remove the cabinet back.
MAIN BOARD and CRT BOARD 1. Unsolder the GND wire from MAIN BOARD ASSY 2. Disconnect the connector “P201”, “P202”, “S204” and “S205” from the CRT BOARD ASSY. CRT BOARD ASSY 3. Disconnect the CRT BOARD ASSY from the CRT MAIN BOARD ASSY 4.
N0501 Adjustment Specifications Ver. 1.1 2000,11,16 (1) Adjustment & Inspection Tools: (A) Color Analyzer (B) Signal Generator CHAROMA 2135 (C) Multi Meter (D) Hi-Voltage Probe (E) Convergence Meter (F) Demagnetizer (G) Power Meter (H) Automatic Alignment System (I) DDC write & inspection system (2) TIMING TABLE(Factory Mode –20 MODES) M O D E R ES O LU T IO N...
(5) B+ Adjustment (A) MODE: No. 12. (B) Pattern: Full white. (Brightness just cut off) (C) Adjust VR101 to make the cathode of D112 has 13.6V. (D) Check other power source should be 78 ¡Ó ¡Ó2V, 6.2V ¡Ó ¡Ó0.3V, 53.5V ¡Ó ¡Ó1.5V, -11.5 ¡Ó...
(B) Cut Off Adjustment 1. Select the color Mode 9300K 2. Cut Off Adjustment: Video Signal Off (0.vp-p), Bright Control set to Mex., Adjust the Screen VR(G2), at the Brightness 1~1.5FL. (3.4~5.1 cd/m2) 3. Adjust VR210, VR230 and VR250 to make X=283, Y=297, with readjusting G2 to keep the brightness between 1~1.5FL (3.4~5.1 cd/m2).
(13) Power Saving Function Inspection (A) Mode: No. 12 (B) Pattern: Any Pattern (C) Inspection 1. It should be into power off Mode when the both horizontal sync and vertical sync are disable after 4 seconds. Check the LED color “Orange” and the power consumption must be less then 5W.
Distortion Adjustment Factory Mode Setting *After completion of adjustment exit the factory mode and data will be saved. Signal : All signals Cross hatch Perform the adjust for signal No. 14 in step 6-1~3. Perform the adjust for above all signal in step 6-4,5. 1.
4. Side Pincushion Adjustment (1) When OSM MENU is displayed, Select the “ “ icon. (2) Make sure that the side pincushion distortion meets the following standards. 1.5mm 1.8mm 1.8mm 1.8mm 1.8mm 1.8mm 1.8mm 1.5mm 5. Trapezoid Distortion Adjustment (1) When OSM MENU is displayed, Select the “ “...
7. Purity (1) Receive signal 14(Cross hatch pattern). (2) The CRT face should be facing east and degauss the entire unit by external degaussing coil. (3) Make sure the single color purity. If not, readjust CPC magnet and touch up using correction magnets. 8.
Write and Inspection for Plug and Play Communication 1. C onstruction of System This system should be connected as shown below. Program Disk Monitor Signal Cable Fixture Power Cable Note: PC clock speed should be below 266MHz. OS is PC-DOS. Fixture Board can be connected directly to PC without Printer Cable.
3. EDID DATA FILE MultiSync V520 EDID Serial No. Format Week of Manufacture (Month*4) Year of Manufacture 0E CB Serial No Area 9bytes Check Sum MultiSync V521 / MV521 EDID Serial No. Format Week of Manufacture (Month*4) Year of Manufacture...
Bar Code Format(code39) Digit 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 * N N N N N N N N _ Y M S Format Example * N B 5 0 0 9 0 T _ 0 Y 0 *+Set Assembly Code + 1 space + Serial No.
TROUBLE SHOOTING Refer to User’s Manual trouble shooting section before using this chart. TABLE OF CONTENTS Page 1. NO OPERATION, POWER LED FLASH ..................32 2. NO OPERATION, POWER LED OFF ................... 33 3. VIDEO NOISE, OUT OF SYNC ..................... 34 4.
1. NO OPERATION, POWER LED FLASH POWER LED FLASH POWER SW TURN OFF MULTIMETER TEST Q307, Q102 D110,D111,D112,D113 1. DC P/S O/P VOLTAGE SET AT 17V,CURRENT SET AT 600MA. POSITIVE CONNECT TO C130”+”. NEGATIVE CONNECT TO U102-pin 5. 2. SCOPE SET AT 10V/DIV, 10US/DIV, PROBE CHECK CONNECT TO Q102-GATE AND U102pin 5.
2. NO OPERATION, POWER LED OFF POWER SW TURN OFF CHECK F101 CHECK Q101 DC P/S O/P VOLTAGE SET AT 17V,CURRENT SET AT 200MA. POSITIVE CONNECT TO C112”+”. NEGATIVE CONNECT TO C105”-“. SCOPE SET AT 10V/DIV, 10US/DIV, PROBE CONNECT TO Q101-GATE AND C105”-“. CHECK U101 CHECK...
3. VIDEO NOISE, UNSYNCHRONOUS CHECK Q101 G-S FREQUENCY CHECK C114, R116 CHECK HORIZONTAL SYNCRONIZE D109, R115, R117 FREQUENCY C114 TO GND WITH H-SYNC CHECK Q101 G-S FREQUENCY CHECK HORIZONTAL CHECK C132, R139, SYNCRONIZE FREQUENCY C132 TO GND D115, R138, R140 WITH H-SYNC NORMAL OPERATION...
4. NO VIDEO NO VIDEO CHECK REFER TO SCREEN CONTROL “NO RASTER” CLOCKWISE ON PAGE CHECK TROUBLE IN U201 PIN 5, 8, 11 R/G/B SIGNAL, SIGNAL LEVEL SIGNAL CABLE CHECK TROUBLE IN U201 U201 PIN 18, 20, 23 CLAMP(PIN 15) SIGNAL LEVEL U201 12V VOLTAGE CHECK...
6. TROUBLE IN H. V SYNC TROUBLE IN HOR. OR VER. SYNC CHECK TROUBLE IN CONNECTOR S702 (PIN3,4), SIGNAL SIGNAL CABLE CHECK TROUBLE IN U701(PIN 40,39) H/V SYNC LINE & H/V SYNC. Q301, Q401 SIGNAL CHECK CHECK TROUBLE IN U701(PIN 32,33) U701(PIN 5) 5V LINE H/V SYNC.
Power supply circuit Outline This power supply unit adopts the switching mode technology, and is an off-line mode type unit that provided several different DC outputs. The scanning frequency is available in different values ranging from 31 kHz to 69 kHz. Moreover, it is capable to operate at an AC input voltage of 100V ~ 240V and an ±...
2) The power supply MOS FET Q101 carries out the ON/OFF operation of the control unit, by means of U101 KA3842A. KA3842A is a PWM (pulse width modulation) IC chip, with 16 V starting voltage and 10 V cut-off voltage. The following list shows the pin layout of KA3842A pulse width modulation IC chip.
DC/DC The DC/DC voltage is DC 45 volts, and since the set-up voltage is variable from 60 volts to 160 volts, it is variable depending on the horizontal synchronism. The frequency band is variable from 31 kHz to 65 kHz. The voltage is fed back from the fly-back transformer (FBT). The DC/DC output voltage is used as high-voltage input of FBT T301.
Monitor MCU Specification Frequency Specification H-freq. : 29.5K – 70KHz V-freq. : 43 – 160Hz Judge polarity only when frequency is 31.5 KHz and 37.8 KHz Support composite sync detection System Architecture MCU – Weltrend WT6016, 16K bytes ROM size EEPROM –...
3.Power saving – 2 pins (PMUS, PMUO) for power saving control – if Hf > 70KHz or Hf < 23KHz, enter power saving mode (suspend). – enter power saving mode after 3 sec when condition met. – enter suspend mode first for 3 sec before enter off mode if off mode condition met.
IIC interface 1. DDC1/DDC2B – VESA DDC1/DDC2B is supported. 2. Auto alignment – I²C auto alignment protocol is supported. Timing Table Total 24 modes. 1. Factory mode – 20 modes Mode Resolution H-sync. V-sync. H polarity V polarity VGA 350 31.5KHz 70Hz VGA 400...
Pin Definition Name Description Pin-balance PWM H Position PWM H size PWM Reset Low reset Ground Osc O 8MHz Crystal out Osc I Crystal in EEPROM/OSD SDA EEPROM/OSD SCL Test Pattern PMU OFF MUTE2 Degauss out MUTE1 PMU suspend Burn-in ID EEPROM write protect UP/RESET key DOWN/SELECT key...
GENERAL DESCRIPTION The WT6016 is a member of WT60XX microcontroller family. It is specially designed for digital con- trolled multi-sync monitor. It contains 8-bit CPU, 16K bytes ROM, 288 bytes RAM, 14 PWMs, parallel I/ O, SYNC processor, timer, one DDC interface (slave mode I²C interface with DDC1), one master/slave I²C interface, two 4-bit A/D converters and watch-dog timer.
PIN DESCRIPTION Pin No. Pin Name Descriptions 40 42 D/A converter 2. Open-drain output. External applied voltage can up to 10V. D/A converter 1. Open-drain output. External applied voltage can up to 10V. D/A converter 0. Open-drain output. External applied voltage can up to 10V. /RESET Reset.
SYNC Processor The SYNC processor can : (1) separate the composite sync signal; (2) calculate HSYNC and VSYNC frequencies; (3) detect polarities of HSYNC and VSYNC input; (4) control the output polarities of HSO and VSO pin; (5) generate free-running horizontal and vertical sync signals for burn-in test; (6) generate self-test pattern signal.
Frequency Calculation Horizontal frequency and vertical frequencies calculation are done by using one 10-bit up counter. After power is on, the SYNC processor calculates the vertical frequency first (H/V bit = ”0”). A 31.25KHz clock counts the time interval between two VSYNC pulses, then sets the FRDY bit and generates an INT1 inter- rupt (if IEN_S bit is “1”).
Test Pattern Generation A self-test pattern signal comes out from pin PB3/PAT. It can generate a cross hatch picture, a inverted cross hatch picture, a whit epicture or a black picture. 8 × 8 cross hatch Inverted 8 × 8 cross hatch White Picture Black Picture The test pattern signal is generated when SELF and ENPAT are both set to “1”.
DDC Interface The DDC interface is a slave mode I²C interface with DDC1 function. It is fully compatible with VESA DDC1/2B standard. The functional block diagram is shown in the below. Internal Data Bus ENACK Data Buffer VSYNC Shift Register ADDR Address Compare START...
If a low level occurs on the SCL pin in DDC state, the DDC interface will switch to DDC2B state immediately and set the DDC2B bit to “1”. No interrupt will be generated. But, if there is no valid device address and it receives 128 VSYNC pulses while the SCL is high level, it will lock into DDC2B state and disregard VSYNC.
(5) Data bytes transmit/receive If the RW bit is “1”, the shift register will load data from the data buffer (REG#18H) before the data byte is transmitted and shift out data to the SDA pin before the rising edge of the SCL clock. If the RW bit is “0”, the shift register will shift in data on the rising edge of the SCL clock and the whole data byte is latched to the data buffer (REG#18H).
Pull low SCL Pull low SCL Pull low SCL 0 0 0 0 0 Data Byte Data Byte Write REG#19H to release Shift register to data buffer INTO DDC2B=1 DDC2B=1 DDC2B=1 DDC2B=1 ADDR=0 ADDR=0 ADDR=0 ADDR=0 R/W=0 R/W=0 R/W=0 R/W=0 START=1 START=0 START=0...
3. 2-wire serial CMOS E ² ROPM Outstanding Features × § Internally Organized 512 8 (4K) § Two-wire Serial Interface § Bidirectional Data Transfer Protocol § Write Protect Pin for Hardware Data Protection § 16-byte Page Write Modes § Partial Page Writes Are Allowed §...
Horizontal deflection signal processing LM1290: 1. Full-automatic synchronization from 22 kHz to 90 kHz. No component changeover nor external adjustment is required. 2. DC control H phase and duty cycle. 3. The resistance corresponds to the frequency programmable down to VCO. 4.
1. PIN 1. fmin: lower limit frequency of this setting. fmin = 5.6 × 10 / (Rmin*500) fmin = 29.1 kHz, Rmin = 18.7K Ω (When the frequency is 30kHz or more) fmin = 22.8 kHz, Rmin =24K Ω (When the frequency is 24kHz or more) 2.
Vertical compensation and geometrical compensation of the raster LM1295: 1. Vertical scanning frequency : 50 to 100Hz. 2. DC control compensation amplitude 3. Temperature stability of the vertical amplitude : 1%. 4. Dynamic vertical deflection compensation corresponding to the secondary anode voltage drop. 5.
1. V-Height (Pin-2): The amplitudes of the +V and –V drive currents are controlled by means of the 0V to 4V voltage of this pin. The current can be raised by raising by raising the voltage. The control range is approximately 1.8 to 2.
11.Output of the parabola and bow-shaped parabola (Pin 14): The amplitude and the polarity of the ramp signal are controlled by means of the PARA CNTRL (Pin 12), and the amplitude and polarity of the parabola are controlled by the BOW CNTRL (PIN 13). In both cases, the control is carried out in the DC mode.
Full bridge current driver vertical deflection booster TDA4866 1. Fully built-in type construction, with practically no external component. 2. High-grade amplification of the linear sawtooth wave signal. 3. High-efficiency DC coupling vertical bridge circuit. 4. Powerless vertical shift 5. Deflection frequencies up to 140 Hz 6.
Horizontal drive and power supply output Circuit Diagram Description of the circuit: 1) R1, T1 and Q2 compose the horizontal driving circuit, and the transistor Q1 generates a horizontal output through the driving signal. IB1 = I / Q1h CPMAX feMIN ¡Ü...
Horizontal amplitude control Circuit Diagram H-Width AC PIN Description of the circuit: 1) The diodes D1 and D2 compose the bipolar modulation circuit, and have the function of controlling the currents of the oils DY(lpp) and Lm(lm) through voltage modulation carried out by utilizing VM. →...
Fly-back line erasing unit & spot erasing unit Circuit Diagram V-SYNC MUTE V-OUT BRIGHT CONTER Description of the circuit: 1) The vertical blanking circuit completes by Q1, Q2, Q3 and peripheral circuit. The vertical sync pulse applied to R3, R12 connected to Q5 base. Q5 is invert amplifier, then mixer with Q1 base together for compensate vertical retrace time of the blanking pulse.
10. Video amplifier system with on-screen display LM1281 (U201) Outstanding features: * Three-channel video amplifier bandwidth 85 MHz @ -3 dB (4 Vp-p output) * OSD TTL input, bandwidth 50 MHz * High-speed video/OSD changeover * High impedance DC contrast control above the 0-4V, 40dB range * High impedance DC OSD contrast control above the 0-4V, 40dB range BLOCK AND CONNECTION DIAGRAM Red OSD Input...
Test Circuits R21 47k = + 12V RED DRIVE ADJ. POT3 100K GREEN DRIVE ADJ. POT1 0.1 µ F 100 µ F 100K RED OSD INPUT BLUE DRIVE ADJ. POT2 0.1 µ F 100K GREEN OSD INPUT RGB CUTOFF ADJ. POT4 0.1 µ...
12. On Screen Display FEATURES • Horizontal sync input may be up to 100 kHz. • On-chip PLL circuitry up to 90MHz pixel rate for multi-sync operation. • Programmable horizontal resolutions up to 1524 dots per display row. • 538 bytes display registers to control full screen display. •...
1.0 CONNECTION DIAGRAM (16 PINS PDIP 300 MIL PACKAGE) VSSA ROUT GOUT VDDA BOUT MTV016-N HFLB FBKG HTONE VFLB 2.0 PIN DESCRIPTIONS Name Pin# Function VSSA Analog ground. This ground pin is used to internal analog circuitry. Voltage Control Oscillator. This pin is used to control the internal oscillator frequency by DC voltage input from external low pass filter.
Replacement Parts List B: Asia, C: China, R: Australia, T: Toshiba, L: LG, O: Orion 1) MultiSync V520 Parts List ASSY CODE PART NO DESCRIPTION LOCATION Q'TY ALT REMARK 1 CABINET FRONT ASSY 10100552 CABINET FRONT 2 CABINET FRONT ASSY...
901 MAIN BOARD INSERT FB560152 MOF 2W/M(A) 5% 1.5Kohm R134 902 MAIN BOARD INSERT FC030338 WOUND RES 1W/M(A) 5% 0.33ohm R136 903 MAIN BOARD INSERT FB470623 MOF 1W/M(A) 5% 62Kohm R143 904 MAIN BOARD INSERT 80002031 FUSEABLE RES 1/2W(A)M 0.22 ohm R150 905 MAIN BOARD INSERT 80002031...
954 MAIN BOARD INSERT 80010021 N9701 VE WIRE ASSY WIRE ASSY 955 MAIN BOARD INSERT EM08003 X'TAL 49U 8MHz X701 956 MAIN BOARD INSERT 18000321 EDGE SADDLE(SB-31) 957 MAIN BOARD INSERT 80010741 GND WIRE BLACK 180mm 18AWG 1015 4.3D 958 PACKING ASSY 11000381 REVOLVING ASSY 2 nd Tooling...
1007 SET ASSY R0191207 TAPE BLACK L=75mmX3 TAPE 0.015 1008 SET ASSY 17000321 CABLE TIES(GT-100M) 1009 SET ASSY 10100542 CABINET FRONT ASSY 1010 SET ASSY 10100563 CABINET BACK 1011 SET ASSY 12300202 PLATE SHIELDING (VIDEO) 1012 SET ASSY 15000881 NAME PLATE INSERTUCTION V520-1(B Ver.) 1013 SET ASSY 15000931 NAME PLATE INSERTUCTION V520-1(C Ver.
2) MultiSync V521 Different List B: ASIA, R: Australia, L: LG, T:Toshiba, S:Samsung ASSY CODE PART NO DESCRIPTION LOCATION Q'TY ALT REMARK CABINET FRONT ASSY 10101111 CABINET FRONT(PC+ABS) CABINET FRONT ASSY 11300351 PUSH BUTTON (CONTROL A) CABINET FRONT ASSY 11300781 PUSH BUTTON (SW) CABINET FRONT ASSY 11600181...
54 SET ASSY 80000891 WIRE L=360mm BLACK AWG18 GND WIRE 55 SET ASSY 80001931 17" ROTATION COIL GND WIRE 56 SET ASSY 80010951 MS75 CRT GND WIRE GND WIRE 57 SET ASSY 72000641 TCO PCB PCB TCO 58 SET ASSY 80005101 WIRE 1618 24AWG 40mm BK SHIELD WIRE...
4) Diamond Scan 51 Different List T: Toshiba, O: Orion ASSY CODE PART NO DESCRIPTION LOCATION Q'TY ALT REMARK CABINET FRONT ASSY 10100721 CABINET FRONT CABINET FRONT ASSY 11300481 PUSH BUTTON(FUNCTION) CABINET FRONT ASSY 11300491 PUSH BUTTON(SW) CABINET FRONT ASSY 11600181 LENS CABINET FRONT ASSY...
N0501(V520/V521/MV521/DS51) HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL KA3842 SYNC PROCESSOR S M P S LM1290+LM1295 EH.T. SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE H/HV EW-OUT & HOUT / V.GEOMETRY MCU/E²ROM/ D DC DYNAMIC VERT OUT FOCUSING TDA 4866 RGB OUT WT6016+24C04 LM2438 KA3843 DEFLECT-STAGE CUT-OFF I²C MOTHER BOARD R G B CUT-OFF RGB PREAMP...